Should I buy an Xbox One X?

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Online experience is the same on both consoles. Give me a break. This "online experience" nonsense was true back on 360 compared to the PS3 but nowadays there's no difference. BOTH have party chat, messaging, streaming/recording, matchmaking and other things that are identical. What can you do online that makes the experience so much better on Xbox One X that you CAN'T do on PS4?

OP, consider the fact that even if you were to get it for $250 which isn't a bad deal at all, after it's all said and done you STILL won't get those exclusive games you wanted to play on Xbox.

That's the whole irony of this, posters saying "oh but the best multi-plats are on *long list of 3rd party games*" doesn't mean anything. Those games are on PS4 also and let's be honest, there aren't night and day differences between the versions. There's no actual game content differences, no Xbox 1 X exclusive content.

Some games may look a little clearer on Xbox 1 X and some look hardly any different unless you pause, zoom in and compare some distant foliage or aliasing.

You'll give up Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, TLOU Part II, Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit, Until Dawn, PSVR, SOTC, TLG, Ratchet and Clank and a few other worthy exclusives all because there's some games on Xbox that are somewhat clearer? :mjlol:

Example from a upcoming game(RE2 Remake)

It's not even native 4K on the X1X or Pro(running at same resolution actually) yet this "better multiplats" narrative is spread around online as if it's just 100% 4K/60fps on every X1X game.
Heck, even in this instance there's (from the demo) problems on the X1X version that makes it look blurry. To further drive the point home, look at the PS4 Pro vs PC version comparison? Image quality looks hardly different, what do you think the X1X version will look like? It won't look BETTER than the PC version.
capturegok88.png

tl;dr get a PS4 Pro and get ALL the games, multiplats included instead of getting the X under the guise of better multiplats and not having access to the things that matters most:Games.

Unless you don't care about any of the PS4 exclusives at all get the Xbox.

Take it easy bro. XBL still edges out PSN with better Games with Gold titles compared PSN+, cloud saving without a membership, name change ability (granted Sony is finally getting this as well), and, in my opinion, a cleaner UI.

You can write off my comment with a big old post, but the truth of the matter is this has been the best gen for multiplats titles ever, mainly because exclusive titles just aren't as profitable as they used to be. The PS4 has the better library. I'm with you. I'm glad I have both so I could enjoy GOW, Spider-man, and UC4. But most gamers aren't as into the hobby as you and I. If he can get a sweet ass XB1X for $250 and still access the lion's share of games he wants to play, he should do it.

...or, sell it and get a Switch. :ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Take it easy bro. XBL still edges out PSN with better Games with Gold titles compared PSN+, cloud saving without a membership, name change ability (granted Sony is finally getting this as well), and, in my opinion, a cleaner UI.
Disagree with the bolded and for the first part, Games with Gold's value in games objectively were lesser than PS+ for 2018 according to this:
PlayStation Plus vs. Games with Gold Comparison - Xbox One Wiki Guide - IGN
For 2018 for example:
but the truth of the matter is this has been the best gen for multiplats titles ever, mainly because exclusive titles just aren't as profitable as they used to be.
What does this have to do with the end consumer? This is sort of incorrect and more so conjecture as plenty of Sony 1st party titles have been VERY profitable if we want to discuss it in this way.

Spider-Man PS4 alone sold 9 million copies. There's plenty of multi-platform games that don't even sell that much across 3 platforms. Horizon sold 7 million copies LTD, God of War I'm sure is close to that and UC4 we all know sold 8.7 million copies. Contrast that with some popular multi-platform games like FFXV that sold 8.4 million across three platforms and the whole "exclusives aren't profitable" narrative is largely untrue and unfounded. They may not be profitable on something like Xbox One but on PS4 or Nintendo Switch? It's not true as the install base is very large. Exclusives were always profitable, on the right platform. We wouldn't say BOTW, Mario Kart 8 or Mario Odyssey aren't profitable as they used to be would we? Every franchise isn't selling like the obvious CODS, FIFA's or GTA's. Anyway this is off topic really and warrants a different thread.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For $250? It's a steal for sure

If you don't like Xbox One X since they don't have many games unless BC you play old games from 360/Original Xbox. So you can trade in for PS4 or Switch :manny:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Plz dont. Its the worse purchase i ever made. Every game xbox has can be played on PS4. Xbox doesnt have any exclusives and Microsoft has a fetish for making broken consoles.

There is zero reason to make this purchases unless you cant get a ps4 for cheaper. Id keep it real funky and flip that xbox to buy a ps4

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Disagree with the bolded and for the first part, Games with Gold's value in games objectively were lesser than PS+ for 2018 according to this:
PlayStation Plus vs. Games with Gold Comparison - Xbox One Wiki Guide - IGN
For 2018 for example:

What does this have to do with the end consumer? This is sort of incorrect and more so conjecture as plenty of Sony 1st party titles have been VERY profitable if we want to discuss it in this way.

Spider-Man PS4 alone sold 9 million copies. There's plenty of multi-platform games that don't even sell that much across 3 platforms. Horizon sold 7 million copies LTD, God of War I'm sure is close to that and UC4 we all know sold 8.7 million copies. Contrast that with some popular multi-platform games like FFXV that sold 8.4 million across three platforms and the whole "exclusives aren't profitable" narrative is largely untrue and unfounded. They may not be profitable on something like Xbox One but on PS4 or Nintendo Switch? It's not true as the install base is very large. Exclusives were always profitable, on the right platform. We wouldn't say BOTW, Mario Kart 8 or Mario Odyssey aren't profitable as they used to be would we? Every franchise isn't selling like the obvious CODS, FIFA's or GTA's. Anyway this is off topic really and warrants a different thread.

PS Plus has a higher monetary value because includes free games for the Vita, which is great news for the 5 North Americans that bought one. Look at the XB1 and PS4 games offered.

Highlights from XB1 GWG:

AC: Syndicate
MGSV
Forza Horizon 2
Battlefield 1

Highlights from PS Plus:
Batman: Telltale
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy Rain
Destiny 2

Most of the other titles on both lists are shovel ware, but let's not fool ourselves as far as which was better quality overall.

I am not "sorta incorrect". First party exclusives are not as profitable as they were in previous generations. This console generation is the least successful generation of the 21st century so far (admittedly because the Xbox 1 and Wii U dragged console sales down as a whole amidst a resurgent PC platform). Halo 3 sold 14 million copies. Gran Turismo 5 sold almost 12 mil. Those days are gone. Street Fighter V sold 2 million copies COMBINING PS4 and PC sales, compared to SFIV selling 3.4 million across the board (and that's only Vanilla...all versions combined touch around 9 mil). The architecture of the PS4 and XB1 are so damn similar it's never been easier to port games. KH3 is multiplat for God's sake.

Come on man. This generation is almost over. An XB1X for $250 is a steal. The Stan wars are clouding your judgement.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
@GreatestLaker , let me set you straight. You seen how the fanboys talking crazy. If you wanted to flip it or wanted a PS4pro you'd have said that so let's take that in :banderas: ok, quick answers...
What are some games you would recommend for the xbox?
Game pass will be free for 2 weeks, then you can get another month worth for $1. That gives you about 200 games to try along with every first party title that has been or will be released :handshake:
Plus Detroit, Horizon, Bloodborne and a load of other games you'll never play. :win:
That goes both ways, tell him how you haven't played anything Xbox :ufdup:
My bad, I didn't know I was chatting to a casual. Enjoy 2k breh. :hubie:
A casual is you bruh, real gamers don't follow trends. You are literally calling him names because he doesn't care for Bloodborne. You guys bully much?
:mjlol:

500$ for that shyt:mjlol:

nikka just wait a new Xbox may be out this year
Do you have an Xbox? No?(he doesn't) well why tell this man another Xbox will be out this year? A discless One S drops this year but is nothing compared to the one X of now and at $250. :sitdown:
If you only rocking with one system this generation, you have to be mental to choose Xbox. I don't if its only $250.
Here's why it's the opposite. He obviously doesn't care about being a fanboy (can we all agree on that) and of he cared THAT MUCH about either ecosystem he'd of had one years ago. So, today, buying into either I ask which platform makes it easier to play games? Xbox gives you the best multiplats which is 99% of all titles.

Xbox exclusives are better imo as well but you couldn't speakon that since you don't play Xbox games.

Gamepass makes it so he only has to spend $251 total to start off with an Xbox one X and 200 games. EA access is $25 a year for even more titles on the low. How much would a PS4pro and God of war, Spiderman cost? $500 and after the hype goes away I guess he can replay them until some other exclusive you wanna overhype releases?

When will you guys answer questions truthfully? I've told no lies. If Gamepass is a good thing then Gamepass makes the Xbox the best entry to console gaming...again, no lies told :umad:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
We'll have to give this topic it's own thread at some point playboy. It'll be hard to have any meaningful discussion on it with all the Stans on here, but I think it's worth having a deep dive discussion.
I had to reply to this :mjlol:

So you wanna have a deep dive discussion with the biggest Stan on the board? I didn't sell my Xbox to go to Redmond Washington dressed up in cosplay n shyt. I don't post gifs of games nobody plays. I'm saying all this so you can check yourself before you rigity wreck yourself :ufdup:
For What???:dahell: it has no games worth playing...
@GreatestLaker ask this man what his gamertag is so you can see what Xbox games he's played to say this. This guy didn't even own a 360 and made the same outlandish claims :yawn:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I had to reply to this :mjlol:

So you wanna have a deep dive discussion with the biggest Stan on the board? I didn't sell my Xbox to go to Redmond Washington dressed up in cosplay n shyt. I don't post gifs of games nobody plays. I'm saying all this so you can check yourself before you rigity wreck yourself :ufdup:

@GreatestLaker ask this man what his gamertag is so you can see what Xbox games he's played to say this. This guy didn't even own a 360 and made the same outlandish claims :yawn:
Bro I'm not on here enough to know who's a general in the Stan Wars. I know Fatboi supports Nintendo and that made him cool in my book.

I love all 3 major consoles for different reasons, but you breh? I don't even see you on XBL anymore. I KNOW you're not buying a Switch...so what's really good :sas1::sas2:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Bro I'm not on here enough to know who's a general in the Stan Wars. I know Fatboi supports Nintendo and that made him cool in my book.

I love all 3 major consoles for different reasons, but you breh? I don't even see you on XBL anymore. I KNOW you're not buying a Switch...so what's really good :sas1::sas2:
1. You been here long enough to know who Fatboi1 is since you been here longer :stopitslime:

2.I'm on Xbox everyday :dahell:

3. Maybe I do have a switch, maybe I feel like things such as friend codes is beneath me since I'm a grown man :yeshrug:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1. You been here long enough to know who Fatboi1 is since you been here longer :stopitslime:

2.I'm on Xbox everyday :dahell:

3. Maybe I do have a switch, maybe I feel like things such as friend codes is beneath me since I'm a grown man :yeshrug:
1. Real recognize real....I was on SOHH in 2007. I was like 13-14 when the Chans hacked us bruh :lupe:

2. I literally never see you online slime :heh:

3. :beli:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
1. Real recognize real....I was on SOHH in 2007. I was like 13-14 when the Chans hacked us bruh :lupe:

2. I literally never see you online slime :heh:

3. :beli:
but you claimed you was 17-18 and going to Arizona university :ufdup:

Y'all nikkaz faceless weirdos, lying to kick it. University of Arizona green tea is probably the reality. What is your gamertag by the way, I was booting people I don't play with, you might have been a casualty :yeshrug: