Should I buy an Xbox One X?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
yes.

There really isn't any game fukking with Battle Toads and Tunic for Xbox this year tbh. And if Halo ain't delayed to 2020, it's over.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
My bad, I didn't know I was chatting to a casual. Enjoy 2k breh. :hubie:
I'm hardcore and he's right. 90% of the best titles this gen are multi-plat.

Does the PS4 have the better library? Yes, absolutely...but if he's mainly interested in specs and a great online experience, the Xbox One X is fantastic....and he still gets to enjoy games like RDR2, Sunset Overdrive, Witcher 3 (the best game this gen), Cuphead, MGSV, Fallout 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, GTAV, Overwatch, Celeste, all the casual 2K/CODs/BF/Star Wars Battlefields you're hating on, etc.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
..but if he's mainly interested in specs and a great online experience,
Online experience is the same on both consoles. Give me a break. This "online experience" nonsense was true back on 360 compared to the PS3 but nowadays there's no difference. BOTH have party chat, messaging, streaming/recording, matchmaking and other things that are identical. What can you do online that makes the experience so much better on Xbox One X that you CAN'T do on PS4?

OP, consider the fact that even if you were to get it for $250 which isn't a bad deal at all, after it's all said and done you STILL won't get those exclusive games you wanted to play on Xbox.

That's the whole irony of this, posters saying "oh but the best multi-plats are on *long list of 3rd party games*" doesn't mean anything. Those games are on PS4 also and let's be honest, there aren't night and day differences between the versions. There's no actual game content differences, no Xbox 1 X exclusive content.

Some games may look a little clearer on Xbox 1 X and some look hardly any different unless you pause, zoom in and compare some distant foliage or aliasing.

You'll give up Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, TLOU Part II, Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit, Until Dawn, PSVR, SOTC, TLG, Ratchet and Clank and a few other worthy exclusives all because there's some games on Xbox that are somewhat clearer? :mjlol:

Example from a upcoming game(RE2 Remake)
- Both Pro and XBX running at 1620p with elements of reconstruction on both.

It's not even native 4K on the X1X or Pro(running at same resolution actually) yet this "better multiplats" narrative is spread around online as if it's just 100% 4K/60fps on every X1X game.
Heck, even in this instance there's (from the demo) problems on the X1X version that makes it look blurry. To further drive the point home, look at the PS4 Pro vs PC version comparison? Image quality looks hardly different, what do you think the X1X version will look like? It won't look BETTER than the PC version.
capturegok88.png

tl;dr get a PS4 Pro and get ALL the games, multiplats included instead of getting the X under the guise of better multiplats and not having access to the things that matters most:Games.

Unless you don't care about any of the PS4 exclusives at all get the Xbox.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Just wait for ps5 and enjoy your pro titles.

This shyt about to be done.

If multiplat x titles looked that amazing someone would have repeated it a million times by now.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, OP, don’t buy the system at half price. Buy a full price PS4 Pro instead.
Are you nikkas serious? :mjlol:
Who said anything about buying a PS4 Pro full price? No one exactly. Hell, the OP didn't even mention a Pro. You can look around and get a Pro for like $300 with a game on Craigslist.