Should black women lower there requirements of a man if they want dating success

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Also people need to distinguish between preferences and standards. A preference is something u would like to have but can survive w/o if you don't get it.

(I.e. I prefer men who like anime, but if I meet a dude who is good in everything else but ain't into it, that's dumb to dismiss him for that).

Meanwhile a standard is something that is a non-negotiable.
(I cannot deal with, bums, walkers, hustlers, deadbeat baby-makers, basement dwellers.)

SPACE IS FAKE

Say No To NASA!
Daps
It works both ways. I see dudes who stand no chance still trying to bag a "bad bytch" at the bar :mjlol: knowing damn well that girls requirements is through the roof. The issue is everyone wants to date out of their league lol which leaves lots of bitter and mad folks because they cant play out of their league.

This is pretty much what it boils down too. People look at the available women/men at their level with the :francis: face and try to level up only to get humbled

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, stick to your guns, just dont kill your perceived value by selling yourself short for instant gratification. :francis:I really dont have to elaborate.

I work out, i study new disciplines, etc. basically push for self improvement. If ladies are doing the same, they should never drop their standards. If shes a regular ass chick with an inflated sense of self, well, she will get nowhere. Cant look and act any old kinda way and expect the p*ssy pass to attract quality.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
This is pretty much what it boils down too. People look at the available women/men at their level with the :francis: face and try to level up only to get humbled
And there is nothing wrong with leveling up. But u have to grind before you go to fight a level 49 Leviathan...

A lotta people wanna get a dragon heart with the training montage. What value are u bringing to the table?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And there is nothing wrong with leveling up. But u have to grind before you go to fight a level 49 Leviathan...

A lotta people wanna get a dragon heart with the training montage. What value are u bringing to the table?
She need to get that +5 saber named "getright". Kills all the hoodboogers and reveals levelheaded husband material :blessed:

:ufdup:But she need to grind them levels in the forest of knowledge and celibacy first. The cavern of fitness would be a nice area as well.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
She need to get that +5 saber named "getright". Kills all the hoodboogers and reveals levelheaded husband material :blessed:

:ufdup:But she need to grind them levels in the forest of knowledge and celibacy first. The cavern of fitness would be a nice area as well.
I can't breathe!!!! El oh el!!!!

Edit: REPPED!

Flychologist

All Star
Daps
One thing I notice with a lot of black women is their "deal breakers" are very stupid and childish and they try to pass them off as realistic reasons to not deal with a man. One of my home girls told me a man not getting a fresh haircut every few days is a deal breaker :why:

As far as standards go, no one should expect anything from anyone that they themselves can't do,won't do,or doesn't have.Out of shape women shouldn't be out here thinking they deserve a in shape man. All you I have a degree and a career women need to stop trying to pull rank on men who have the same thing,etc.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It works both ways. I see dudes who stand no chance still trying to bag a "bad bytch" at the bar :mjlol: knowing damn well that girls requirements is through the roof. The issue is everyone wants to date out of their league lol which leaves lots of bitter and mad folks because they cant play out of their league.

That doesn't bother me people are attracted to what there attracted to it only annoys me when they whine about the opposite sex knowing how picky they are.

If you're picky and/or shoot out of your league but acknowledge it and are willing to be single for awhile until you get a yes cool just don't bytch about it when you have very high standards

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's not about black women and it's definitely not about just women.

How is your out of shape ass who hasn't been in the gym for a year demanding a man with 6 pack and V Taper? :dahell:

You want a girl with an instagram fitness model body but you can't bench 135 lbs my nikka and you don't even have your money right? :dahell:

He needs to be making 6 figures and have the disposable income for at least 3 long vacations yearly but you're barely making your monthly rent payment? :dahell:

Last edited:

Timeis$

Banned
Daps
If you're picky and/or shoot out of your league but acknowledge it and are willing to be single for awhile until you get a yes cool just don't bytch about it when you have very high standards
I agree but this almost never happens. They bytch about the people out of their league not giving them any play while ignoring the good options available in their league. Then claim no one wants them. Beyonce or LeBron James types in high school didn't want them so NO ONE wants them. But if YOU were Beyonce or a LeBron James type would you want you??

Most "average" people (so people not rich or wealthy or drop dead gorgeous women) realize this but the ones who don't are usually in for a miserable life as they can't be satisfied.

I think a good question is the would you date yourself if you were a man or woman. A lot of people if they're honest might get a needed reality check.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do u period

Will u lower your standards to date a single mother?? Where about 70% of black women are...or would you continue to look for a woman without kids..

At the same time black men and women shouldn't continue to expect to hope that idris elba or Meghan good to walk through the door....

Too many nikkas living in LALA land

70% of Black women are not single mothers.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
I think people should judge people on an individual basis. I love dark skinned men. Lawd knows I do, however, if a lighter dude stepped to me I wouldn't reject him. That could be my husband. You shouldnt budge on morals and values. The things that actually make and break relationships

Why is it when we talk about standards it's ALWAYS the physical? The one thing that will never mean much in a relationship.

I won't date a black man who wasn't about black empowerment. I wouldnt budge on a black man who wouldn't support my Tiger Mom ways? I wouldn't compromise on a man who didn't work hard and respect/love and the family and the community. Those are the standards you shouldn't compromise on.

Height, booty size, complexion, hairline, shoe size, are just stupid.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
One thing I notice with a lot of black women is their "deal breakers" are very stupid and childish and they try to pass them off as realistic reasons to not deal with a man. One of my home girls told me a man not getting a fresh haircut every few days is a deal breaker :why:

:mjlol:

Sounds like something that would come out a Black woman's mouth.

I bet she said that as she sat there rockin' another person's hair.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think people should judge people on an individual basis. I love dark skinned men. Lawd knows I do, however, if a lighter dude stepped to me I wouldn't reject him. That could be my husband. You shouldnt budge on morals and values. The things that actually make and break relationships

Why is it when we talk about standards it's ALWAYS the physical? The one thing that will never mean much in a relationship.

I won't date a black man who wasn't about black empowerment. I wouldnt budge on a black man who wouldn't support my Tiger Mom ways? I wouldn't compromise on a man who didn't work hard and respect/love and the family and the community. Those are the standards you shouldn't compromise on.

Height, booty size, complexion, hairline, shoe size, are just stupid.
I was with you till you said hairline :ufdup: a pristine hairline cures lots of lifes ails, like bleach for the soul.