Should black women lower there requirements of a man if they want dating success

Kano

All Star
Daps
Their standards are subjective.
On one had you have a woman that needs a hooper, on the other you have a woman that messes with the local weed peddler who's on papers and has other baby mommas.

I think the bell curve pretty much needs to be adjusted. The average black man and average black woman will save the african American community. It will just take decades if not centuries.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Black women and men, as well as all women and men, need to take a deep assessment of themselves to figure out what the need most importantly, and then what they want. then they must make the necessary changes within themselves to manifest a "significant other."

when men and women have self realization and self-actualization, there is no reason a person can't find the right one.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Not necessarily lower their standards. But they should take a good hard look in the mirror, and base their expectations more appropriately. Summer league players expecting max contracts :ufdup:

It works both ways. I see dudes who stand no chance still trying to bag a "bad bytch" at the bar :mjlol: knowing damn well that girls requirements is through the roof. The issue is everyone wants to date out of their league lol which leaves lots of bitter and mad folks because they cant play out of their league.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Do u period

Will u lower your standards to date a single mother?? Where about 70% of black women are...or would you continue to look for a woman without kids..

At the same time black men and women shouldn't continue to expect to hope that idris elba or Meghan good to walk through the door....

Too many nikkas living in LALA land

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The problem with dating is people have an extremely overrated opinion of themselves, especially women

That nasty ass cac bytch is a prime example. She keeps talking about nikkas that holler at her and I'm not saying it isn't true but everyone is losing right now

Gimini00

Bytch Off The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis, MN
The problem with dating is people have an extremely overrated opinion of themselves, especially women

NH6G2OF.gif

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Depends on the standards and the women.

Some standards shouldn't even be considered standards, they should be givens. For me when I was in the game, I didn't even consider dudes who didn't have, a.) a career (hustling doesn't count...don't come near me with that bullshyt!), b.) a place of their own, c.) a car (concessions made for dudes up north b/c public transportation is fukking awesome and if it wasn't some hot shyt in the South, I would sell my car tomorrow!)

Now these aren't standards. They are basics and I wouldn't encourage any woman past the age of 25 to proceed with a dude who doesn't have this stuff. Everything else is subjective.

And yeah I give the same advice to my men as well. If she doesn't have a job, a car and a place of her own, wtf she been doin all this time. It doesn't behoove u to get involved with bum bytches.

Timeis$

Banned
Daps
What I've seen is online and in REAL life people with very high/unrealistic expectations will tell you what they want and like and then look at them 10 years later the person they ended up being with doesn't look like or seem like anything they described. So either they became more realistic less superficial or they realized the qualities they initially wanted weren't as important when it came to dating or they settled :yeshrug:. Like the nikka that says he only dates light/skin big booty women and then you see his wife is a thin Brown skin chick or the girl that says she only dates men that are 6'0 plus and then her husband is 5'9.

My thing is a lot of people "TALK" a certain way but their actions and choices often don't match up.

And this goes for all races.

Last edited:

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't even say lower, it's just that they need to be more realistic and honest about what they want. This is not just in regards to Black women either. There are plenty of women of all races who want an idealized complete package. For example, one day they want the tall and fit, suave/debonair gentleman who has a great sense of humor, another day they want a guy, also fit and tall, who is rough, hard, or "thug-like," then another day they want the nerdy but not too nerdy intellectual who discusses contemporary issues, other times a provider and a guy who provides emotional support is enough. At the end of the day, one guy can't fit all of these molds perfectly.