Short Gang, how did y'all deal with being the butt of jokes in school?

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
One of my close friends says his son is literally depressed from the constant teasing and bullying to the point where he's suddenly picked up an anger problem. He'll be in a chill state but if his buttons get pushed hard enough he'll explode, start seeing red mist and will immediately regret his actions once he cools down. Claims his usual mood has changed from jovial/upbeat to gloomy/despondent and he's suffering a mild case of agoraphobia (anxious of living his crib/room.) Apparently the boy basically stayed home the entire summer unless he dragged him out himself.

They had to put him on Lexapro as a result because the anxiety/depression had this 14 year old kid searching about suicide and shyt. :francis:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
hes only 14, are his parents both short? hard to tell if hes severely short or if those kids are severely bullying but those are two different issues to me

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i don't really remember people making fun of short people when i was in school. we were all different sizes growing up and people could hit spurts at any moment.

...although, i DO remember when i got to high school there was this one white girl that was really small and we use to call her "too short". both her and her younger brother were just small in general, they whole family was probably short gang but she was cool. we'd call her brother "half-pint".

never any static. we was all cool actually.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Never in life have I seen somebody in school being bullied for being short. Then again, I wouldn't put it past Gen Z...
This was my initial thought also, back in day everybody could get it and everything was joke, you got it and gave it. All in a regular day.

Never did a breh being short seem like a big deal til people came online and I guess with online life bleeding into real life I can see younger generation having a hard time plus most seem not to be able to dish it out and be sensitive. If its constant and relentless thats a different story tho.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

Timbs

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Must be affecting his dating life, hope your friend doesn't have guns on the property. A school shooting would be the perfect distraction for the country right now