Shopping at Goodwill appreciation thread.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wish I had the patience to treasure hunt at the Goodwill. I know some people find steals there but I find that form of shopping stressful.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I'm not totally against shopping at Goodwill, but I never donate to them. I prefer to deal with The Salvation Army. Its a much better run organization. That said....

The best value has always come from men's Suits/Blazers and Shoes. Shopping there is hit or miss depending on the era from which the dead men whose clothing gets donated there were purchased from. Today there are a still too many 1970s leisure suits and square toed shoes floating around. There should be some cool zip up Chelsea boots, but I'm not seeing them. They are probably being scooped up as soon as they hit the shelf. We should start to see some cool 80s Italian brand suits showing up in the coming years. They will be a tad long and boxy, but if the jacket length is good, a tailor will take care of the rest. The movie Wall Street from 1987 had even suburban small business owners trying to wear Italian suits. Also the dress shoes of the 80s were classic wingtips and loafers. Good time are coming...