Shooting on nba2k18: Best to use user timing, or player attributes??

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Do y'all play on broadcast cam or 2k cam???

Im an old school gamer from the 90s so I'm used to broadcast cam, even on previous 2ks. But it seems like this year i might have to switch to the 2k cam because it seems to control better
I stopped playing on broad cast like 10yrs ago. They make the game to be played on the 2k cam so that your movements on the controller reflect you looking at the basket head on.
You can change the controller settings in options, but for me it “feels” better on 2k cam

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Depends on the game mode. I use the shot meter,because I got used to it,but you're supposed to turn it off and just look at the shot (Mike Wang or one of them dudes said it's better to shoot with no meter) I honestly think the stick gives you a higher % just like it did last year. If I take a mid range it's straight bank shots (up on the stick). It's a myth but if you shooting early in the shot clock that can mess you up too work the ball around find the best shot. My career is different,but seems like you're an offline player. Just wait til the sim world drop they sliders and roster if you on the one.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps

Im an old school gamer from the 90s so I'm used to broadcast cam, even on previous 2ks. But it seems like this year i might have to switch to the 2k cam because it seems to control better
2k cam or bust

DameDawgy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
East Falls Adelphia

Same here, broadcast cam all day. I’m old school as well though, Double Dribble, early NBA Live, Kobe Courtside, through the 2k’s. Always felt more “real” to me like I’m watching a game. I was bricking every shot going from 2k17 to 2k18, but I took the shot meter off and just focused on user timing.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Same here, broadcast cam all day. I’m old school as well though, Double Dribble, early NBA Live, Kobe Courtside, through the 2k’s. Always felt more “real” to me like I’m watching a game. I was bricking every shot going from 2k17 to 2k18, but I took the shot meter off and just focused on user timing.
I used no meter & timing

Does turning the shot meter off change something behind the scenes? Or is it just changing what you pay attention to?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I have 17 not 18 and I use player attributes but even then there's variation, particularly for what method you use to shoot. Typically, I notice if a player is more successful with catch & shoot 3's with the button, they're better with off the dribble 3's with the shot stick. That same player will be better catch and shooting midrange jumpers with the stick and off the dribble midrange jumpers with the button. Once their midrange and 3 attributes are well into the 90s (ATG shooters) it matters less.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I havent played a 2k since 2k14 or 15, but I simply can't get the jumpshot timing right on 2k18.

Which one do yall think works best?
The truth is. shoot you might as well go with cpu timing vs your own. since we know unless you're release is perfect. which it literally can't be perfect all the time with certain jumpshot animations. They dont tell you that though.

Guys getting green releases have chosen certain jumpshots or certain mixes of jumpshots on the jumpshot creator and they know those are the green a lot animations. But here's another thing. you dont have to go green to make the shot. some animations will get you more made shots and less greens. THey dont tell you that either.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uhhh, lots of ppl. Thats why the default
that has nothing to do with why thats the default angle. its the default angle because thats the angle that looks best when you're talking about making the 2k players look really good and everything has good detail but yet its still playable on that angle.