Shooting along West Indian Day parade route , 5 people hit /* 1 man has died

broller

Veteran
Daps
How often do shootings happen at the parade? I've always avoided it because it sounded like it happens often, but I might be thinking its every year when actualy it doesn't happen that often

On the parade route not often at the pre and post parties pretty often.

It wouldn't be a west Indian day parade if someone didn't get shot every year....

Every year I read a story like this :russell:

Would never catch me in one of these crowds

Word to @MikelArteta

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was out there yesterday and it was pretty chill. After the Haitian truck we went to a restaurant on Franklin to eat dinner real quick. This must've happened while we were there, I guess.

Overall, the vibe was chill and people were having a good time. Didn't see any drama apart from ladies covering their man's eyes to keep them from looking at the copius amounts melanated booty bouncing all over the place.

Same. I worked the parade. Heard about the shooting right after it happened. All I saw was the helicopter above. It is what it is at this point.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Absurd. They can't deal with the "opps" any other day?
It's every bad Caribbean in NY outside half nekkid and you thinking about men :francis:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
After they killed the Lt Governor I’m surprised they let them have it again.

They not gonna be happy til it moves to Manhattan

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Sept 5, 2024
NYPD says it was gang related, and that the 16 year old who was hit was the target
Rest of the news segment is about the loaded guns they recovered around the parade

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
If it’s not suit and tie I’m going around no crowd of any race that’s drinking and dancing.