Shonda Rhimes On Her :mjpls: Again

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Jerrika Hinton has been cast opposite Jono Kenyon as the female lead in the pilot of a new ABC comedy, Toast. But Hinton doesn't stray far, as Toast is executive-produced by Shonda Rhimes (ofGrey's fame), and written by Scott Foley and Greg Grunberg (Foley is also on Shonda'sScandal). If Toast gets picked up to series, Hinton's role on Grey's will either have to be cut down, or cut all together. Like with a scalpel! #MedicalShows. Toast tells the story of a couple's complicated courtship through toasts given by their family and friends at their wedding rehearsal dinner. But flashbacks reveal that the anecdotes aren't always 100-percent accurate. This sounds cute as hell. Let's just hope this business venture for Foley and Grunberg goes.
The leads
Jerrika-Hinton-2.jpg
9703457.jpg

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol, I can't get into them shows. I'm like that with a lot of shows that have a lot of hype around them. And her shows seem kinda boring.

Sista I mentioned this to my wife and she actually agreed. I mentioned to her that ABC which is an arm of Disney (which also has shonda Rhimes shows) focuses on a lot and I mean a lot of shock value to get people to watch their shows. Especially when you compare it to other stations such as CBS and NBC.

Take CBS most popular shows and so called shock value situations are rarely shown especially sex. Seems like they try to do a better job in making stories without throwing taboo situations.

Even a show like Empire seems like it would fit better with ABC than on Fox.

I even mentioned how Tyler Perry soap shows on own network did the same thing. I call it the low hanging fruit they usually throw out the typical taboo things such as sleeping with married folks, interracial relationships/sex and gay relationships/sex. These are low hanging fruit and really reflects on the inability to actually write stories.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That sounds like a terrible premise.

Shonda and ABC are good at making shock value. Not sure how that will work on a comedy. What they gonna do have them sleep with married folks or run into some dead bodies? Or maybe they will have gay sex with neighbors?

To me ABC tries to hard they really do. They just throw shyt against the wall.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Don't know why people have an issue with black female white male leads when black male other female leads have been ubiquitous and commonplace....in fact that whole dynamic IRL and this board's response to it is :russell:

That said, show sounds terrible, it's kinda like how i met your mother but less believable, a series that takes place in the form a flashbacks during a wedding toast? How many fukking speeches can a wedding really have? :dahell:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Also y'all black folks enjoy all these black shows on TV cause when Obama leaves office most these black shows gonna be gone.
They are going to be gone because the new head exec at abc (who is AA funny enough) wants rid of all "soap serials" on primetime tv