Shingeki no Kyojin: Attack on Titan

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Damn, so after all of this, shyt is gonna be some manga bait?
I wouldn't say all that.... I just don't think its gonna be able to hit every detail or plot point and look cohesive at the same time.

That's not always a bad thing either. I still think it was a great decision for the anime to essentially gloss over the Attack on Politics stuff and get straight into the business about The King/Erin's father/Historia as quick as they could.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
the fact that you can't see anything wrong with MHA and struggle to accept the conflicted emotions/ideology clash that's been created says everything tbh...

AOT's a depressing, disgusting, no-win situation for literally every character and group left. Like it should be

AoT is above criticism
I'm not talking about it being a disgusting, no win situation

I'm talking about the way it handles racism

Keep up

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
"keep up"

lol. explain how the racism isn't adequate

When Nat Turner did his slave rebuild, im sure the whites that were killed last thoughts weren't, "Oh, I wish I had another chance, I'd be nicer to these negros."

Racism doesn't work that way in most cases

I'm not saying the team up is BS, but there's a point where the Marley soldiers say basically that

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
When Nat Turner did his slave rebuild, im sure the whites that were killed last thoughts weren't, "Oh, I wish I had another chance, I'd be nicer to these negros."

Racism doesn't work that way in most cases

I'm not saying the team up is BS, but there's a point where the Marley soldiers say basically that
I can't believe you're really tying Nat Turner to this :mjlol:

slaves weren't being turned into titans to be tossed out of airplanes as living bombs on neighboring countries and last I checked there was no world ending event that backed the entire planet's population down to one hill top and one refugee island

you might just be that guy breh

aaaaaaaaaand if you really want to get into it, it should be extremely telling that all those people STILL didn't run to Paradis with what was left of their armed forces. "keep up" :russ:

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
I can't believe you're really tying Nat Turner to this :mjlol:

slaves weren't being turned into titans to be tossed out of airplanes as living bombs on neighboring countries and last I checked there was no world ending event that backed the entire planet's population down to one hill top and one refugee island

you might just be that guy breh

aaaaaaaaaand if you really want to get into it, it should be extremely telling that all those people STILL didn't run to Paradis with what was left of their armed forces. "keep up" :russ:
You're really an idiot

Yes, I can apply real life racism to a fictional setting, because its the basis

Those other countries didn't rush to Paradis because they were too busy trying to stay alive

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You're really an idiot

Yes, I can apply real life racism to a fictional setting, because its the basis

Those other countries didn't rush to Paradis because they were too busy trying to stay alive
They could've used the last of the airships to fly over the trampling and accept Paradis. But they chose to fight and die until the last and the past dozen chapters have emphasized that everyone has to own their decisions at this point.

There's a way to argue for the racism angle here but you don't have the ability to do it :mjlol: I'm always blown by people want to take their bargain-bin militancy to other shyt and expect it to earn credence or validation.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
They could've used the last of the airships to fly over the trampling and accept Paradis. But they chose to fight and die until the last and the past dozen chapters have emphasized that everyone has to own their decisions at this point.

There's a way to argue for the racism angle here but you don't have the ability to do it :mjlol: I'm always blown by people want to take their bargain-bin militancy to other shyt and expect it to earn credence or validation.

You're wrong

You could have just typed that out instead of paragraphs

There's nothing militant about saying racists don't earnestly stop being racists because they're about to die

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You're wrong

You could have just types that out instead of paragraphs

There's nothing militant about saying racists don't earnestly stop being racists because they're about to die
Its like you missed the entire last arc about how the generational racism couldn't be stopped or avoided and this war all or nothing scenario wasn't inevitable :ohhh:

and "paragraphs"? lol you just exposing yourself more and more. this is simply over your head

edit: talking about *keep up*.... fukking hell

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So in there world there are no black people
:mjpls:

Do you even read the manga?

Yes there are.

You're wrong

You could have just typed that out instead of paragraphs

They're not racists because Marley and Eldia aren't different races. This is ethnic cleansing not racism.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Its like you missed the entire last arc about how the generational racism couldn't be stopped or avoided and this war all or nothing scenario wasn't inevitable :ohhh:

and "paragraphs"? lol you just exposing yourself more and more. this is simply over your head

edit: talking about *keep up*.... fukking hell

Good try champ
Tried and true tactic of trying to change the discussion to win an argument when you're losing

Better luck next time pal

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Good try champ
Tried and true tactic of trying to change the discussion to win an argument when you're losing

Better luck next time pal
how did i change the discussion by bringing up shyt you clearly forgot or didn't process? :dead: if you want to argue racism in this, then you have at least FOUR responses and the results of those to choose from given by the main characters in just one arc

armin's open peace
zeke's respectability through force
erin's obliteration
hange's/paradis' incremental gains and genuine outreach principals to gain leverage

you literally don't even know how to present your own argument here :russ: want me to do it for you?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you even read the manga?

Yes there are.

They're not racists because Marley and Eldia aren't different races. This is ethnic cleansing not racism.

Only watched the anime. I know how the Japanese do black people.
:mjpls: