Shin Megami Tensei V announced for Nintendo Switch (Atlus JRPG)

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
am currently on smt 3 on the switch so righ after so will cop in december....looks like 2nd best rpg this year after Tales

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
FDb2jw9X0AAhMqq

Are these games boring?

Don’t go into it expecting persona. The entire game is like Mementos or one giant Palace, no social sim or real world exploration activity stuff. You’re also mostly alone throughout the game, and only really encounter other people in cutscenes, unlike persona where its the power of friendship to defeat god. Spending the entire game with one character who doesn’t talk isn’t compelling in 2021.

I was interested in this but idk, i couldn’t get into Nocturne so I might wait on it.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
FDb2jw9X0AAhMqq

Don’t go into it expecting persona. The entire game is like Mementos or one giant Palace, no social sim or real world exploration activity stuff. You’re also mostly alone throughout the game, and only really encounter other people in cutscenes, unlike persona where its the power of friendship to defeat god. Spending the entire game with one character who doesn’t talk isn’t compelling in 2021.

I was interested in this but idk, i couldn’t get into Nocturne so I might wait on it.

Link is the greatest gaming character ever and he does not talk. If the game is good enough, it'll sell. I'm there next Friday.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
FDb2jw9X0AAhMqq

:mjlol:

Persona 5's protagonist was silent besides the text message options. And it is friendship to defeat men and circumstances. SMT you actually fight *record scratch*

This game the world is a character. I'm not going to go into the whole SMT vs Persona debate here, but, npcs contribute to the narrative in the former over the latter. They tell a whole story. In SMT4 you had citizens of multiple cities telling you how the world devolved, how they cope, and their distaste for your deeds one way or the other.

If you want a real RPG this is the game for you. One thing the SMT series does so well is play off of psychology in building the world, environments and the people that reflect those places.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol:

Persona 5's protagonist was silent besides the text message options. And it is friendship to defeat men and circumstances. SMT you actually fight *record scratch*

This game the world is a character. I'm not going to go into the whole SMT vs Persona debate here, but, npcs contribute to the narrative in the former over the latter. They tell a whole story. In SMT4 you had citizens of multiple cities telling you how the world devolved, how they cope, and their distaste for your deeds one way or the other.

If you want a real RPG this is the game for you. One thing the SMT series does so well is play off of psychology in building the world, environments and the people that reflect those places.

Yeah, the ensemble cast is what makes persona good though