Shiba Inu (SHIB) Discussion Thread

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

The stock market is based on underlying value and improves in value over time. Meme coins are essentially a pyramid scheme that relies on marks buying late so the OGs can cash out early.

The fact that anyone would even equate them is why i posted.

By "super early", meaning ideally before it's even popular. And even then you have to cash out at the right time.

Crypto currency with underlying value in transactions can gain in true value over time, though they're subject to huge swings and can potentially crash with regulatory changes. Crypto based on celebrities or memes is just a scam with a few winners and a lot of losers.
Yeah survivorship bias plays a huge role as well. The few people who make money on high risk stuff are going to come on here championing their gains loudly. While everyone who lost their money is gonna tuck their tail and disappear. So the average person will see the comments and think these high risk plays are sure thing money makers.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You said all of that's and still didn't answer my question...:heh: so I guess dogecoin was a pyramid scheme too huh:mjgrin: even though it went to .70 cents... You guess Shiba is the same thing huh?!?:sas2: you just solid In Your opinion.
How would the price show it wasn't a pyramid scheme? :what:

I already told you why it's a pyramid scheme. But since you're fronting as someone very knowledgeable on the issue, why don't you explain to everyone how this differs from a pyramid scheme?

There were at least 10-15 people in this thread already who called it a pump-and-dump, which is literally what a pyramid scheme is. Why didn't you come at them when they said it?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How would the price show it wasn't a pyramid scheme? :what:

I already told you why it's a pyramid scheme. But since you're fronting as someone very knowledgeable on the issue, why don't you explain to everyone how this differs from a pyramid scheme?

There were at least 10-15 people in this thread already who called it a pump-and-dump, which is literally what a pyramid scheme is. Why didn't you come at them when they said it?

Just because others said it's p&d doesn't always make it so. The devs have been transparent asf, have a roadmap, burning their coins, fostering goodwill :dahell: how much proof do you fukking need to see the project has legs?!? If it was a scam people wouldn't be so hyped to buy in. You don't know DEFINITIVELY it's a scam...:dahell: so why go so negative on a new coin that could be better in the future. It's designed as a meme coin but it has utility and a partnership with Amazon... :YOU could be wrong. Why can't YOU admit that?!?:dahell:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@ORDER_66 , why are you so angry that I have an opinion? If you think I'm wrong then just laugh your way to the bank. But I have just as much right to express my opinion on it as you do.

Just because others said it's p&d doesn't always make it so. The devs have been transparent asf, have a roadmap, burning their coins, fostering goodwill :dahell: how much proof do you fukking need to see the project has legs?!? If it was a scam people wouldn't be so hyped to buy in. You don't know DEFINITIVELY it's a scam...:dahell: so why go so negative on a new coin that could be better in the future. It's designed as a meme coin but it has utility and a partnership with Amazon... :YOU could be wrong. Why can't YOU admit that?!?:dahell:

Breh, literally none of that is an argument against what I said. Being "transparent" about the lack of value of your currency doesn't somehow change the fact that it has no value. "Burning coins" and "fostering goodwill" doesn't change the fact that there's nothing underlying it. Shiba Inu has literally nothing that makes it superior to other products that do the exact same thing and much more. If it wasn't for pump-and-dumpers then no one would have ever talked about it and it would have just stayed worthless.

As you point out, it was designed as a meme coin and virtually ignored until a few days ago when people tired of Dogecoin and decided they needed a new funny coin to pump.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
See that's the thing if it was shyt then why give India a bunch of shyt coins if you're trying to help them? He had to have known that it would drop before he gave it to them. He would look like a a$$hole if the shyt completely tanks especially if he was trying to help people
The part about it I don't get though - why did he donate 10% of the entire market of SHIB but only 0.0004% of the market of Ethereum?

If he really wanted to help them, then why donate a giant % of a not-very-liquid coin? He knows that they can't convert that to real money without causing a huge sell-off and losing a ton of value. So why donate $1 billion in that and only $2 million from the far more viable coin? If he really wanted to help he could have donated $1 billion in Ethereum or even just $100 million in Ethereum and they'd be able to use it much easier without crashing that market.

Allows them to buy things at market value, not inflated due to their currency
:gucci:

What the fukk can you buy with SHIB at a better price than what you get with rupees or dollars converted from rupees?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Brothers whose wedding video business was destroyed by COVID are now worth $9 million after they and their family invested $7,900 in 'parody' cryptocurrency Shiba Inu
  • The siblings, who wished to be known only as Tommy, 38, and James, 42, used to earn a living through filming weddings
  • The pandemic caused their business to almost collapse as couples canceled their ceremonies
  • In December a friend recommended they invest in Shiba Inu, named after a dog
  • The cryptocurrency was made as a spin-off of Dogecoin, whose logo is the dog
  • The brothers initially invested $200, then their parents and sister invested
  • By mid April the family had invested $7,900 - with their return growing
Two New York brothers whose wedding video company was nearly destroyed by the pandemic became millionaires after investing $7,900 in a cryptocurrency originally set up as a joke.
hljCF3m.png

The siblings - who wished only to be known as Tommy, 38, and James, 42, told CNN, they began dabbling in cryptocurrency in December 2020 after a friend told recommended they invest.

The brothers put several hundred dollars in a cryptocurrency called Shiba Inu coin - a parodic spinoff of another cryptocurrency called Dogecoin, named after a breed of Japanese hunting dog. Dogecoin was itself created as a joke by two friends, and features the face of the Shiba Inu dog.

The following day, his prediction came true.

'The day it hit a million
hljCF3m.png
- my mom and sister, they didn't think it was real.'

The family's initial stake of $7,900 is now worth nearly $9 million as of Thursday, CNN Business confirmed.

The brothers are yet to completely cash out their investment, and are holding out for the launch ShibaSwap, a decentralized exchange platform that should make it easier for them to do so.

'This has happened so quickly it's hard to even comprehend the things you can do with this money,' Tommy said.

'My parents' house needs a new roof, so I'll take care of that.'

The brothers were overwhelmed by their success, but James warned others that it was a highly risky gamble.

'Don't put in any money that you aren't willing to lose,' he said.

'The meme tokens are very high-risk and you really don't know what is going to happen with them. We know this is not what typically happens, although Shiba has changed our lives.

'When you see it fluctuate so much, it does keep you up at night.'

Cryptocurrencies exploded in popularity in 2021, in part thanks to the vocal support of businessmen such as Elon Musk - who backed Dogecoin - and celebrities such as Backstreet Boys star Nick Carter, who is seen frequently tweeting the hashtag #Shiba and #ShibArmy.

qgm9RAt.png