Shiba Inu (SHIB) Discussion Thread

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ShibaSwap is near finished, Bone and Leash getting ready to launch as well...:skip: Plus alot of chinese investors hopping on the train too....:pachaha: its a good look also im looking at their discord

Me when this shib hit.

GmDRTK.gif

OohH.gif

7PEFgj.gif

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Why 1000 trillion coins as total supply?

A question which led me to spam various groups on Reddit and other platforms and ultimately to all this research. To answer it. We must ask. Which coin in the market is truly decentralized? By true decentralization I mean the one which is not held by whales and whose price action benefits almost everyone who is invested in it rather than a select few who can drop or raise the prices at their whim due to their large bags? The answer would be a hard none. Nada. Nil. There will always be whales who eat the smaller fish. Then how do we fulfil the dream of SHIB to the moon for everyone? It’s simple. If there are no smaller fish in the ocean then what will the whales eat? What if all the fish are big enough to fight back? They will eventually move to a different ocean. To address the issue of whales manipulating the price and accumulating to control the coin, the supply is so freaking huge that now every small investor holds hundreds of thousands to millions of coins. Even after 2000 percent price appreciation in 7 days people can drop a few hundred dollars and fill up huge bags of millions of coins. Majority coins have few people holding a million coins but here most of them have million and more. The larger the number of accounts with bigger holdings the more decentralized the whole system is. It’s like living in the Swiss where everyone is rich. 200,000-500,000 accounts Holding large chunks (averaging 100,000-1,00,000 coins each) putting us well around 20-500 billion coin range. It’s a huge range but keep in mind if it keeps on growing at current rate then soon the holding amounts will decrease substantially. What will that achieve you say? What if when we reach a large number of accounts say 500,000 in the above example (which is a lot. The most widely adopted enterprise grade crypto is Hbar (Hedera Hashgraph) and even they have only 226,934 total accounts at the time of writing. And they have the most transactions for any crypto in existence). So 500,000 for a year old crypto is golden (we already have 200,000). Now what if the 50 percent circulation with VB is burned and the community votes to burn some more further down the line (Please note they can and will vote on that as there is a system in place for community driven governance). That is exactly what I think is going to happen. Now that we have so many whales around price cannot be manipulated and true decentralization is achieved. Further when these small time investors turned multi-millionaires sell their holdings it will be absorbed by the new investors and soon we will have millions of accounts holding the SHIB for long term. The sheer amount of whales existing as old investors will be a deterrent in rapid price deflation of the coin. We do not have that in any crypto in existence.

post shiba babble brehs :picard:

also devs can buy in at IPO for next to nothing anyway so "no pre-mine" doesn't mean much.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I read Coinspot (one of the biggest Australian exchanges) listed them today...but I know you're talking about one of the more mainstream ones...which would have bigger implications if they listed Shiba; Coinbase or Robinhood?
Even though i hate rh i don’t see them listing shiba until it hits .01, but when when they do expect it to hit $1 soon right after

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
ShibaSwap is near finished, Bone and Leash getting ready to launch as well...:skip: Plus alot of chinese investors hopping on the train too....:pachaha: its a good look also im looking at their discord
What’s the discord link?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
They keep mentioning it on their discord... they are stress testing it...:ld:

they are trying to figure out how someone else's code works.

what does "soon" mean in terms of actual time?

p.s. back in the day I spoke to a coin about becoming a DEV for them. it turned out that they didn't actually have a live dev (and were hiding it). their previous dev was a difficult so-and-so and had just stopped working for them.

are they planning any face-to-faces? AMA's?