Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

SHE’S IN! TISHA CAMPBELL-MARTIN CONFIRMS ‘MARTIN’ REBOOT
Tisha-Campbell-martin.jpg

by Krystal Franklin

January 31, 2018

Photo by Mike Windle/Getty Images

Last week Martin Lawrence‘s fiance Roberta hinted at a possible reboot of the cult classic, Martin, and now Tisha Campbell-Martin has confirmed it is indeed true. In an interview with Hip Hollywood, the 49-year-old spoke about the rumors and all but confirmed that things were moving in the right direction.

“I can’t tell you…It has been an honor to be Gina all these years. So….I can’t tell you guys anything. But it’s very exciting,” she said.

Watch below.

It will be interesting to see how the famous friends work Thomas Mikal Ford‘s death into the story line. And it sounds like fans will also get to see Martin and Gina’s characters on-screen — together (remember that sexual harassment case between the two that caused them not to appear together in any scene during its last season?) Last year, Martin was finally honored by Def Comedy Jam and VH1’s Hip Hop Honors for his contribution to comedy and television.

Martin.jpg

Photo by John Sciulli/Getty Images for VH1/Viacom
The 51-year-old also gave us a sneak peek of Jerome 25 years later on an appearance on Steve.

Only time will tell on when the final product will actually hit the small screen, but we’re just glad the conversation is being had!

She’s In! Tisha Campbell-Martin Confirms ‘Martin’ Reboot

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm the same way. I spent last week watching Martin reruns. Its one of those moment in time shows that worked then that won't work now.

That 90s comedy will not work im this day and age. Even shows like Sister Sister had comedy that wouldnt be allowed now due to people being sensitive.

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
That 90s comedy will not work im this day and age. Even shows like Sister Sister had comedy that wouldnt be allowed now due to people being sensitive.

What about Roseanne, breh?

That’s coming back in March. All these cac shows returning. Might as well bring Martin back.

Hope we get a Fresh Prince reboot soon.