SHE’S IN! TISHA CAMPBELL-MARTIN CONFIRMS ‘MARTIN’ REBOOT

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
What about Roseanne, breh?

That’s coming back in March. All these cac shows returning. Might as well bring Martin back.

Hope we get a Fresh Prince reboot soon.

The question is will they be good tho?

Nobody has seen any of these shows yet

You know what's funny

Martin's first TV role was on "What's Happening Now" a terrible show trying to recapture the feel of the original sitcom source material and failing miserably....

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

SHE’S IN! TISHA CAMPBELL-MARTIN CONFIRMS ‘MARTIN’ REBOOT
Tisha-Campbell-martin.jpg

by Krystal Franklin

January 31, 2018

Photo by Mike Windle/Getty Images

Last week Martin Lawrence‘s fiance Roberta hinted at a possible reboot of the cult classic, Martin, and now Tisha Campbell-Martin has confirmed it is indeed true. In an interview with Hip Hollywood, the 49-year-old spoke about the rumors and all but confirmed that things were moving in the right direction.

“I can’t tell you…It has been an honor to be Gina all these years. So….I can’t tell you guys anything. But it’s very exciting,” she said.

Watch below.

It will be interesting to see how the famous friends work Thomas Mikal Ford‘s death into the story line. And it sounds like fans will also get to see Martin and Gina’s characters on-screen — together (remember that sexual harassment case between the two that caused them not to appear together in any scene during its last season?) Last year, Martin was finally honored by Def Comedy Jam and VH1’s Hip Hop Honors for his contribution to comedy and television.

Martin.jpg

Photo by John Sciulli/Getty Images for VH1/Viacom
The 51-year-old also gave us a sneak peek of Jerome 25 years later on an appearance on Steve.

Only time will tell on when the final product will actually hit the small screen, but we’re just glad the conversation is being had!

She’s In! Tisha Campbell-Martin Confirms ‘Martin’ Reboot

Bytch ruined the show then wants to join a reboot, after Tommy dies of course, :pacspit: at her and :pacspit: at Martin

TL15

Veteran
Daps
:patrice: with no Tommy tho?

:patrice:

Terrible idea ahead :snoop:

What if they respectfully acknowledge Tommy's death and make that one of the central parts of the show. I was thinking about how maybe they talk about how Tommy passed away and then they find out he was running a multi-million dollar company or something. So they flip the "Tommy ain't have no job" joke into "Tommy was actually running a huge business" and make that part of the show.

It's not the best idea but something to acknowledge that he passed both respectfully and comedically would be nice IF they decide to reboot

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Could happen...but the article says it's in discussion.

I doubt it gets green lit though. I think ML has moved on career wise

How would she be able to confirm anything if the star of the show is not in? You think Martin don't want another go at it? Have you seen his standup lately, his movies? That nikka gotta recapture his magic somehow.

Steve sounds like he didn't even watch it.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Terrible idea ahead :snoop:

What if they respectfully acknowledge Tommy's death and make that one of the central parts of the show. I was thinking about how maybe they talk about how Tommy passed away and then they find out he was running a multi-million dollar company or something. So they flip the "Tommy ain't have no job" joke into "Tommy was actually running a huge business" and make that part of the show.

It's not the best idea but something to acknowledge that he passed both respectfully and comedically would be nice IF they decide to reboot
i was actually thinking along those lines :ehh:

still :francis:

the hot boys without bg
tru without c-murder
g-unit without banks
:francis:

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
The question is will they be good tho?

Nobody has seen any of these shows yet

You know what's funny

Martin's first TV role was on "What's Happening Now" a terrible show trying to recapture the feel of the original sitcom source material and failing miserably....

Like I said in another thread, Will and Grace started this chain of past shows trying to come back. Since this new Will and Grace season is doing well, everybody is trying to come back now because they think they’re going to have the same success.

Martin would need a way to work around the absence of Tommy’s character. If they get creative with that or explaining where he went (like he got a real job finally and moved away) or something like that, it could work. I’m with it.