Shawn Layden on Sony’s strategy regarding PC releases

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Most games don’t sell consoles, yet the switch and ps4 say different. It’s clear a lot of your perception is based on microsofts release strategy as they’re the only console manufacturer out of the 3 that are doing day 1 releases.

Uncharted 4 is pretty much a free game at this point on PlayStation 5 with ps collection and they’ve given it away on ps4 and have had it on sale for like 5 bucks already.

They are releasing these two games on pc for full price again and its gonna sell another million copies. Same thing with Horizon Zero Dawn, they gave it away for free this year, and its 20 dollars right now without a sale on ps store. It’s 50 dollars on Steam.

Why you think that doesn’t benefit sony mroe than the same day strategy i don’t know.
U can get horizon for $20 on pc

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a fact that very few games are actually exclusive to a Sony console.

Some people may feel the few games that remain exclusive are worth it. But most people aren’t buying hardware based on exclusive games :manny:

Most of the sony exclusives are already on PC, they act like it's an extensive library

and most games that aren't on xbox but are on playstation are always released on PC the same day like Kena

Only ps4 games I'm looking forward to on PC are Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man, playing those games at 4k 120z with mods is gonna be crazy

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I personally never said anything about the amount of exclusives they have or that they would never be on another platform.

I don’t play the list wars on here. Buy what fits your taste/needs yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally never said anything about the amount of exclusives they have or that they would never be on another platform.

I don’t play the list wars on here. Buy what fits your taste/needs yeshrug:

He was merely pointed out the fact I made, that not every sony exclusive is a must play for people

I would rather the The order 1886 get a pc port than Dayz Gone and would rather Infamous Second Son than God of War

just like some people don't give a damn about spider-man, etc

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes, and for most games holding an exclusivity period won’t increase console sales.

They will strategically chose which games are gonna sell consoles. The rest will come to PC sooner than later.
When you buy a PS console anything you buy such as expansion content and DLC for that game on PSN Sony gets a cut. They want you to buy a Playstation. Day and date games don't help that at all. They will put games that have sold through all their sales on PC to get people who don't own a Playstation console to try them. They want that to be a gateway for those customers to get a Playstation.

Microsoft does day and date games on Game Pass because their goal is to drive subscriptions to that service over all else. They don't care what avenue you take to become a Game Pass sub they just want the subscription.

To Sony how you become their customer is just as important as you being their customer.