Sharp Announces 8K Consumer TVs Now That We All Have 4K

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm normally all into extreme resolutions, but I see no reason to get an 8K, unless you're an artist or something. No content, very demanding requirements if you want to play 8K on your PC, and diminishing returns. Unless you're getting an extremely large screen, I question if there is even a perceptual difference between 4K and 8K.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Now that you've upgraded to a shiny new 4K TV, Sharp has revealed its latest screen to stoke your fear of missing out: a 70-inch Aquos 8K TV. That 8K (7,680 x 4,320) resolution is 16 times that of your old Full HD (1920 x 1080) TV. Sharp calls it "ultimate reality, with ultra-fine details even the naked eye cannot capture," which doesn't seem like a very good selling point. Keep in mind that having a screen with more pixels doesn't buy you much after a certain point, because those pixels are invisible from a distance -- while an 8K panel would be beneficial as a monitor, where you're sitting close, it won't buy you much when leaning back on the couch watching TV. HDR, however, is something else entirely, and fortunately, Sharp's new 8K set is compatible with Dolby Vision HDR and BDA-HDR (for Blu-ray players). The lack of available 8K HDR content is also a problem. But there is some content floating around.

Fukking bullshyt. You cop an 8K tv and can't notice the details with regular vision? You can't notice
Daenerys titties hairs without without copping HD glasses?

41UoFxXGSEL.jpg

:camby::camby:

Immediate boycott. I'm going back to books. They can't restrict the resolution of my imagination.

:troll:

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Is it me or does it feel like technology is progressing way to quickly now ?
I been saying this for the longest breh. They doing way too much with this shyt. Companies on a rat race to being first in everything more than doing something bigger and better with technology. Being too damn greedy.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Its all good.
It will take forever for 8Ks to become affordable now.
Secondly media hasnt even caught up with 4k yet.
Its still too early to even buy a 4K

Uhh you can stream in 4K and the latest movie releases come in 4K too not to mention certain games