Shaq Diesel buys 1000 Nintendo Switches and PS5’s for underprivileged

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I get that. I'm more interested in the logistics of how he was able to get his hands on that many PS5's. I acknowledged that he may have leveraged the fact this was a charity thing to pull this off

I was gonna say some other stuff, but it's really not worth getting into real issues on this site. peace

Ok it just doesn’t make sense to frame it as “its messed up mr rich and famous…” he’s not buying it for nba players

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Ok it just doesn’t make sense to frame it as “its messed up mr rich and famous…” he’s not buying it for nba players
well the question is would he be able to pull it off if he wasn't giving them away

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Probably not but its a consumer electronic not an essential item. theres nothing “messed up” about it
that's just like saying there's nothing "messed up" about scalpers buying up all the supply

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that's just like saying there's nothing "messed up" about scalpers buying up all the supply

It’s not the same, scalpers are buying it for profit. He’s buying them to give away not putting them back on the resell market and drive up demand and prices

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It’s not the same, scalpers are buying it for profit. He’s buying them to give away not putting them back on the resell market and drive up demand and prices
so what was the reason you pointed out that it's a "consumer electronic not an essential item"?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
so what was the reason you pointed out that it's a "consumer electronic not an essential item"?

Because theres a fundamental difference between buying ventilators, tampons, masks, medicine, gas…..then buying video games. There’s nothing wrong with scalpers playing the market, but it would be completely unethical for them to do it for anything but luxury items.

Neither situation is “messed up” but they aren’t comparable either. If anything what Shaq is doing is helping the combat the resell market cause now more consoles are in consumers hands

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Because theres a fundamental difference between buying ventilators, tampons, masks, medicine, gas…..then buying video games. There’s nothing wrong with scalpers playing the market, but it would be completely unethical for them to do it for anything but luxury items.

Neither situation is “messed up” but they aren’t comparable either. If anything what Shaq is doing is helping the combat the resell market cause now more consoles are in consumers hands
so you are saying that it's not "messed up" if scalpers buy up all the supply

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Not at all. People make a business out of resell, i used to resell kicks I still got a few pairs to throw up on ebay :yeshrug:

It’s up to the console manufacturers to make sure supply can meet demand

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Not at all. People make a business out of resell, i used to resell kicks I still got a few pairs to throw up on ebay :yeshrug:

It’s up to the console manufacturers to make sure supply can meet demand
I don't agree. the sneaker game is all fuct up now because of resellers. especially with bots, that buy every size in seconds

there's levels to all this shyt. it's not a big deal if someone buys an extra PS5 to resell. it becomes something else with resellers that have the means to buy all the supply in seconds. there will always be supply constraints, especially now, so you can only blame console manufacturers so much

we're off topic. but it was a hypothetical question

again, my real question was how exactly he was able to pull this off

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Scalpers using bots to buy up a bunch of retail units to re-sell for a ridiculous markup.

Somebody using their connections to reach out to the companies themselves to buy wholesale for charity reasons.

Is this really the same thing?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Scalpers using bots to buy up a bunch of retail units to re-sell for a ridiculous markup.

Somebody using their connections to reach out to the companies themselves to buy wholesale for charity reasons.

Is this really the same thing?

no, they're not the same thing. you're not following the context of the conversation (probably on purpose)

I asked if Shaq could get 1000 PS5's if it wasn't for charity (a hypothetical question). Gizmo said "Probably not but its a consumer electronic not an essential item. theres nothing “messed up” about it". so I asked if he felt the same way about scalpers