Shaq 2000 was the best center of all time. If you dont believe watch these.

dagreenz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
IE, CA
None of you nikkas that ride or die for Wilt even saw him live. If you did that means you're 50+ posting on the coli. :flabbynsick: You lose either way.

But on the real what Shaq was doing at that time weighing over 300 would translate to any era. Of course his averages would go up if he's going against the 220-240 lb centers of the past.

And Wilt put up some ridiculous #s but to act like Shaq wasn't incredible is stupid

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
if Shaq shoots ft at 80% and gave more effort on D he would b the unanimous goat

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime:

Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar_Lipofsky.jpg

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
None of you nikkas that ride or die for Wilt even saw him live. If you did that means you're 50+ posting on the coli. :flabbynsick: You lose either way.

But on the real what Shaq was doing at that time weighing over 300 would translate to any era. Of course his averages would go up if he's going against the 220-240 lb centers of the past.

And Wilt put up some ridiculous #s but to act like Shaq wasn't incredible is stupid
I didn't need to be in Rome to see how great Julius Caesar was.

dagreenz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
IE, CA
But you do need to witness something first hand to have proper perspective for an opinion. Any player that achieved a certain level of greatness is seen favorably over time. Most faults and mistakes are overlooked as years go on so the numbers stay.

I didn't need to be in Rome to see how great Julius Caesar was.

And quotes like that make me wanna vomit. Say something with substance. You saw highlight tapes of Wilt and read about Julius Caesar.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Are people saying he wasnt incredible or are we saying he wasnt GOAT (even for one year) by any fair measure?

If Orlando Shaq would've had LA's Shaq skill set. :wow:. My mind can't even comprehend it.

What was the major difference? nikkas stay acting like these were two completely different entities. Biggest difference was level of comp. 2000 Shaq woulda suffered the same fate in 1995.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
AD is a PF.

Marc Gasol
Cousins
Noah
Dwight
Vucevic
Pekovic
Bogut
None of those guys would even be considered for the ASG when you got DRob, Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, and Zo in their primes playing at the same time.

Once the early 2000's hit tho, yeah the C position went way downhill. Doesn't mean the list you put up there is spectacular in any way. The only "big guys" I would watch and say they could come in and dominate when they hit their primes are Kevin Love and Anthony Davis. Blake Griffin can be in the conversation as well.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:mjlol: You must be young. There are NO good centers in the league today (with the exception of Dwight Howard, Demarcus Cousins (if he's a Center) and Anthony Davis (if he's a center). What are you talking about :laff:?
:pachaha:

You really think the corpses of Hakeem and Ewing, and bad back Robinson was really leading that era? How young are YOU is the real question.

Alonzo Mourning was a 6'9" center and this is who you are staking that era with.

Boogie, Marc Gasol, Lopez, Noah, Howard, Vucci Mane, Petkovic, Horford, and Hibbert are better than the centers of that era as a whole. Shaq was beasting on bums and small cats.

Ok, so Shaq who was 330-340 lbs and notoriously wasnt in shape, would be able to go 46 minutes a game each night like Wilt did? :patrice:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha:

You really think the corpses of Hakeem and Ewing, and bad back Robinson was really leading that era? How young are YOU is the real question.

Alonzo Mourning was a 6'9" center and this is who you are staking that era with.

Boogie, Marc Gasol, Lopez, Noah, Howard, Vucci Mane, Petkovic, Horford, and Hibbert are better than the centers of that era as a whole. Shaq was beasting on bums and small cats.

Ok, so Shaq who was 330-340 lbs and notoriously wasnt in shape, would be able to go 46 minutes a game each night like Wilt did? :patrice:

I agree with the fact that 2000 Shaq didn't have any competition at Center. Ive said the same thing before. However, I believe Shaq average 40 mpg in 2000, so even though it ain't 46....its still a ton of minutes for a somebody that size like him:manny:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I agree with the fact that 2000 Shaq didn't have any competition at Center. Ive said the same thing before. However, I believe Shaq average 40 mpg in 2000, so even though it ain't 46....its still a ton of minutes for a somebody that size like him:manny:
but the argument was also that the pace was faster in Wilt's time. That was held against Wilt's numbers.

If the pace was fast in 1962-63, how would Shaq cope?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shaq, along with Stern and refs interference, is the reason Lakeshow won 3 titles:ld:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Shaq, along with Stern and refs interference, is the reason Lakeshow won 3 titles:ld:

So the leading scorer in multiple Western Conference playoff series in 2001 and 2002 played no part:snoop: