Shannon Sharpe Going Viral For Defending White Racist Kids

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Shannon allowed his personal contempt for her override common sense. He played right into her hands & looks like a damn fool. Good job.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get what Shannon was tryna say. Like if a little white boy calls me nikker tomorrow, I can't slap the shyt outta him because that would be wrong but I could fire off on his dad all day until my hands got sore :manny: They're kids and they're obviously parroting the evil sh*t they're learning at home. With that said, if I was Shannon, I wouldn't have died on this hill. As other people have said, Amanda was annoying him and he just wanted to disagree with her.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
How old are you. If you were born in the 80s you definitely went around the playground calling folks fakkits. That was just something that was said freely. You would just straight call someone a fakkit and say they had aids, then play kickball with them like nothing was wrong.

So from that angle I can understand children using language and not truly grasping the full extent of it.

Thinking back on it we were saying all kind of wild shyt like African booty scratchers, talking about how burned up dark skin people were, doing the slant eyes for Chinese people, straight up calling white folks wet dog rednecks, etc……. All of us were doing it, white, black, and Mexicans. Damn this is bringing back memories, all the Mexicans were Paco. Didn’t matter what their name actually was, we called em Paco.

That was just the normal shyt that was said and done back then. I still remember our 3rd grade assembly we had Chief Knockahoma come in and we painted our faces and did war chant dances in the gym. Today it’s totally different.

If you weren’t a child in the 70s or 80s you won’t grasp where Shannon coming from.
39 years old. and i know most kids i knew weren't going around bullying people on the playground and calling them fakkits.
You can try to normalize this behavior all you want but it wasn't normal were i was from.
In my experience the kids that were racist and homophobic back in the day, are every bit as racist and homophobic now.
It wasn't some phase everybody went through.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Shannon allowed his personal contempt for her override common sense. He played right into her hands & looks like a damn fool. Good job.
:sas2: This is exactly why a few of us said he didn’t need to engage with her.

Someone tried to say I only respect “white washed” brehs. NO- I could simply see what was coming down the line. :deadrose: