Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
tumblr_mcvhbt88mp1rkn5loo1_400.gif

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, you're just some smark CAC who overly analyzes play fighting while he did it for real in all 3 major companies though. You don't have a grasp on reality or self awareness if he's pathetic.

I didn't watch much of his WWF/ECW runs, but he was OK in WCW.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
The disturbance at a WWE event is maybe the most pathetic moment in wrestling history. They were in or near Philly for Raw and Shane showed up in a luchador mask try to drive up interest in his bootleg one night stand and no one really cared. His Triumph moment was when he ripped the mask off tried to get an ECW chant going and he got completely no sold by those around him in the crowd

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
I mean, you're just some smark CAC who overly analyzes play fighting while he did it for real in all 3 major companies though. You don't have a grasp on reality or self awareness if he's pathetic.

I didn't watch much of his WWF/ECW runs, but he was OK in WCW.

Hey, look, it's Shane.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I should point out I don't think Shane was a bad wrestler or bad promo guy for a while. He really did have the juice in 1994-1995 in ECW and is entirely believable as what he said he was...in the context of what ECW was. He was good in his second WCW run (the Steamboat tag run). He did nothing of note in the ring as Dean Douglas to really judge, and his character did not lend itself to his particular promo style. He had three main problems after a while:

1. His body completely broke down when he should have been in his physical wrestler prime (early to mid 30s)
2. He developed a promo style that would never fly in WCW or WWF, so he was instantly going to feel neutered by default
3. He tied himself to Ric Flair, meaning he was always going to get compared to Ric Flair. Shane Douglas isn't Ric Flair.

He was already a husk by the time he left ECW, so when he got to WCW again he was completely broken down, couldn't go 3 months without getting hurt, was neutered by default promo wise, and had very little to offer. Anything after that point is obviously going to get even worse, but that he's still doing this in 2018 when he bumps about as much as the Honky Tonk Man and has been wrestling in oversized t-shirts since 2004 in no name local indies while the guy he raged about his whole career has cheated death, become a crossover celebrity, and is honored damn near weekly on TV is pretty pathetic.