Shams: Kyle Kuzma could command $20M-$25M per year contract; Update: Stays in DC for 4 years $90M

Would you give Kuzma a 4 year deal between $80M-$100M??

• Total voters

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Those look familiar

PATRICK_EWING_HI_33_White_Knicks_3.jpg
Still have that keychain somewhere in my mums attic, sitting next to the converse gel pack 1 too

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The market is saying he is worth it. He's a pretty good 2 way player.

He's still the same player he always was - an inefficient shooter and a minus defender. He's only getting hype because he's getting more usage and has improved his ball movement and defensive effort to a degree while still not actually being good at either.

He's a forward shooting 45% from the field, 31% from 3pt, barely averaging more assists than turnovers and still producing a net negative in every defense advanced stat. Putting up 20.5 / 7.5 / 3.5 numbers on a bad team doesn't change the fact that he isn't going to help make anyone a contender.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I struggle sometimes with these numbers because of my 2k playing days years ago when the cap was way lower. I have to do a better job adjusting who is worth what. This is essentially a 12.5m deal from what I'm accustomed to, give or take.

I can see a team with little other options going 3/60 or 4/80 when they have some cap space. If hes your third scorer and fourth best player then it may work out. I dont see too many teams being able to be structured that way though.

Maybe a team like the Mavericks would be interested

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He's still the same player he always was - an inefficient shooter and a minus defender. He's only getting hype because he's getting more usage and has improved his ball movement and defensive effort to a degree while still not actually being good at either.

He's a forward shooting 45% from the field, 31% from 3pt, barely averaging more assists than turnovers and still producing a net negative in every defense advanced stat. Putting up 20.5 / 7.5 / 3.5 numbers on a bad team doesn't change the fact that he isn't going to help make anyone a contender.
He’s a good player.

His 3PT% isn’t high but that doesn’t mean he’s a player you want to leave open. He’s a streak shooter that has to be accounted for that takes a high volume of threes especially of the floor stretching, top of the break, trailer variety. He’s a very good off-ball player and a good transition player.

On defense he has versatility to defend multiple positions, has become solid in point of attack at using his length and moving his feet, and is a strong defensive rebounder. Since the Lakers title season his effort has been solid on that side of the ball.

Kuz can help any team as a vital role player or third to fourth option on a contending team he can help teams on the brink.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He’s a better perimter shooter than Kuzma. Kuzma is a better slasher and facilitator. You can run the offense through Kuzma

Running the offense through Kuzma is a horrible idea.

He’s a good player.

His 3PT% isn’t high but that doesn’t mean he’s a player you want to leave open. He’s a streak shooter that has to be accounted for that takes a high volume of threes especially of the floor stretching, top of the break, trailer variety. He’s a very good off-ball player and a good transition player.

On defense he has versatility to defend multiple positions, has become solid in point of attack at using his length and moving his feet, and is a strong defensive rebounder. Since the Lakers title season his effort has been solid on that side of the ball.

He can easily be left open when he doesn't have the ball because he's a bad catch-and-shoot shooter. That limits his usefulness off-ball - yeah he can dive to the hoop and score in transition but so can a lot of guys. His primary skill that sticks out is his iso scoring but that's still low-%.

On defense he has versatility and his on-ball effort is solid but he's still only average on-ball and is a terrible off-ball defender who misses assignments and shows poor defensive bball IQ.

Since 2018 I've repeatedly said that his perfect situation is a high-volume #1 or #2 guy for a bad team. He's not someone you want in the starting lineup of a contender.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
If the Wizards were a free agent destination place, Id be on the fence. Pay him.. some point they gotta start keeping some good pieces around.