Shadow and Bone

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I haven’t gotten past episode 4 but the books are like if Game of Thrones, Ocean’s 11 and X Men had a baby. Hopefully Netflix does right by the series and does like five seasons because it has potential to be their first big original show.
You never heard of Stranger Things?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You never heard of Stranger Things?

I forgot about that show. I always looked at it as a kids show. So this one is number two :manny: and when I say “big original show”, I mean a series that can be compared the popular fantasy shows on other streaming services. I don’t think y’all realize how much potential there is in these books.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I forgot about that show. I always looked at it as a kids show. So this one is number two :manny: and when I say “big original show”, I mean a series that can be compared the big fantasy shows on other streaming services. I don’t think y’all realize how much potential there is in these books.
The Darkling is an amazing villain but the series overall isn’t at that level. I haven’t read Six of Crows but I heard it’s way better than the Shadow and Bone books.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Darkling is an amazing villain but the series overall isn’t at that level. I haven’t read Six of Crows but I heard it’s way better than the Shadow and Bone books.

Six of Crows is basically some Ocean’s 11 sh*t. It’s more focused on Inej, Kaz and Jesper and its based in Ketterdam which is their world’s version of Las Vegas/Gotham/London. I wrote all three cities because its a mashup almost. Books are fire. And Kaz is definitely with the sh*ts :francis:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching this and overall it was :ehh:

Not great, but very solid and was able to suck me into its fantasy world. 8 episodes made for an easy watch over the weekend and felt it was paced fairly well. There were moments I thought they might stall out some things, but they managed to avoid that and some of the intersection of characters is well done.

A lot of familiar tropes/characters to anyone who has seen fantasy shows, but I thought The Fold was an interesting concept.

The best group are Kaz and his group as far as consistent entertainment.

The weakest aspect to me was

The whole Nina sidestory with her and the Grisha hunter hating each other at first, then falling in love :comeon:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just finished watching this and overall it was :ehh:

Not great, but very solid and was able to suck me into its fantasy world. 8 episodes made for an easy watch over the weekend and felt it was paced fairly well. There were moments I thought they might stall out some things, but they managed to avoid that and some of the intersection of characters is well done.

A lot of familiar tropes/characters to anyone who has seen fantasy shows, but I thought The Fold was an interesting concept.

The best group are Kaz and his group as far as consistent entertainment.

The weakest aspect to me was

The whole Nina sidestory with her and the Grisha hunter hating each other at first, then falling in love :comeon:
Both of those two are part of Six of Crows from my understanding. Nina and the hunter. All that stuff is just them inventing and fleshing out backstory for those characters as we haven't reached any of the real Six of Crows content that takes place after the events in the Shadow and Bone trilogy.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw two episodes having no clue about anything related to the universe and......I was entertained.