Shadow and Bone

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
7 eps in and I'm enjoying it. It's holding my attention more than the second season of Carnival Row.

While the Crows remain my favorite crew of the show the new characters on Alina's side made her parts a bit more interesting than last season.

The magic choreography also seems better this time around actually makes me feel more optimistic for The Last Airbender series coming out.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not sure if I'm looking to watch this yet. I heard it has aspects of Crooked Kingdom in it. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through that book. They're really getting wild with the timeline if they doing stuff from the second Crows book in this when this stuff all happens way before either of the Crows books.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if I'm looking to watch this yet. I heard it has aspects of Crooked Kingdom in it. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through that book. They're really getting wild with the timeline if they doing stuff from the second Crows book in this when this stuff all happens way before either of the Crows books.

:mjgrin: I'm not a book reader but I urge you to watch it anyway because I want that Six of Crows spinoff.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:mjgrin: I'm not a book reader but I urge you to watch it anyway because I want that Six of Crows spinoff.
I've read much of the character development that happens with a few of the Crows in their second book takes place in this series. The events this series covers takes place before any of the Crows books. It's going to be weird having characters that are mentally at the place they would be at the end of Crooked Kingdom going through the events of Six of Crows when part of those events were the tension between the Crows.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Finished up the season and enjoyed it :ehh:. Hopefully it gets renewed for another season.

Among the many fantasy shows airing, this has a real sense of fun and I enjoyed the Alina/Mal side of the story more than most. Although I do agree the Crow stuff continue to be the highlight. The Grisha's continue to remind me of Benders from Avatar and it ends in an interesting place for future stories.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I've read much of the character development that happens with a few of the Crows in their second book takes place in this series. The events this series covers takes place before any of the Crows books. It's going to be weird having characters that are mentally at the place they would be at the end of Crooked Kingdom going through the events of Six of Crows when part of those events were the tension between the Crows.

Well it looks like both series are headed to the Netflix bushes. I blame you. :mjgrin:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Still holding out hope, but I saw the numbers and they didn't look great :francis:. Maybe the international numbers can help.

It's maintaining top 10 in a lot of countries but I feel like it won't be enough. Night Agent I'm guessing a cheaper show with barely any hype behind it crushed Shadow and Bone in one week and maintaining number 1 in even more regions. They're probably :patrice: thinking about saving money since they have other fantasy shows in the pipe.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Well it looks like both series are headed to the Netflix bushes. I blame you. :mjgrin:
I prioritize reading books over watching stuff so it is what it is.

Also going into a 2 year hiatus isn’t going to help.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I had a feeling with the long wait between any news that this would happen :francis: and I liked the Grisha Verse and S2 more than most it seems.