Sex before marriage

lib123

All Star
Daps
Yeah. In my early 20s when I was locked in, I was extremely selective on who I would sleep with. I would never forget, I met a sweet girl who was absolutely mad over me, however, she lived in Brownsville and was forced into a life of poverty due to an unfortunate incident with her folks. My mind told me that she would be a good woman, however, I could not date her because our values and motivation being that far apart. I was still working on myself as well so no way was I going to date her seriously as getting pregnant would have been her way out of that life.

Sure enough once I was established in my career, I began to hang with that set that thought being promiscuous was cool. Slipped up and got someone pregnant and you know the rest of the story. If I had stuck to my principles as well as my peers (mentally) I would have definitely been able to avoid the problems/pitfalls that follow with a promiscuous lifestyle.

this is me now tho, although i feel like some expect you to pounce on them as soon as possible .
Yeah man... It is. If I had remained even a slight of a bit disciplined during that time, life would have been much easier. Men of today must not fall into the trappings of instagram and these dating sites and what they offer. It's funny how no matter how time passes, things remain the same. I was reading the single moms thread yesterday and thought back to all the bad chicks that I slept with in my day and you guessed it, they were all single moms, bad bodies who would have passed for IG models today whose kids fathers were either doing bids or too busy raising families all over the place. They were good women, but made bad choices early and had to live with the lifetime of consequence due to it.

Thanks for making this thread. More young people need to read threads like these on the coli.
[/QUOTE]

Seems like the number of IG models who end up as single moms also vastly outweighs those who end up as wives.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Yeah. In my early 20s when I was locked in, I was extremely selective on who I would sleep with. I would never forget, I met a sweet girl who was absolutely mad over me, however, she lived in Brownsville and was forced into a life of poverty due to an unfortunate incident with her folks. My mind told me that she would be a good woman, however, I could not date her because our values and motivation being that far apart. I was still working on myself as well so no way was I going to date her seriously as getting pregnant would have been her way out of that life.

Sure enough once I was established in my career, I began to hang with that set that thought being promiscuous was cool. Slipped up and got someone pregnant and you know the rest of the story. If I had stuck to my principles as well as my peers (mentally) I would have definitely been able to avoid the problems/pitfalls that follow with a promiscuous lifestyle.

this is me now tho, although i feel like some expect you to pounce on them as soon as possible .

Yeah man... It is. If I had remained even a slight of a bit disciplined during that time, life would have been much easier. Men of today must not fall into the trappings of instagram and these dating sites and what they offer. It's funny how no matter how time passes, things remain the same. I was reading the single moms thread yesterday and thought back to all the bad chicks that I slept with in my day and you guessed it, they were all single moms, bad bodies who would have passed for IG models today whose kids fathers were either doing bids or too busy raising families all over the place. They were good women, but made bad choices early and had to live with the lifetime of consequence due to it.

Thanks for making this thread. More young people need to read threads like these on the coli.
[/QUOTE]

Do you remember what that thread was called?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Being celibate for whatever reason has never been standard of widely accepted in human history despite what you read hear or are told. That's not reality. It's something people often hope to achieve moreso than actually do.

Some of you think if you went back in time you would avoid sex due to mistakes it came with. :duck:

You can't let your desires drive and over rule you and you also can't ignore them. Sex is vital to humans. Balance is key. Too much of anything is poison. Prolonged Abstinence is highly unrealistic even idealistic.

All societies that try to limit sexual outlets end up having worse side effects. Abuse, rape... A lot of non consentual shyt and predatory shyt towards children and family. While people are outwardly projecting their purity to fit a standard they are moving shady behind used doors. Because they have not quelled their desires, they have not stayed them. Just let storm brew that will erupt further down the line.

Last edited:

lib123

All Star
Daps
Being celibate for whatever reason has never been standard of widely accepted in human history despite what you read hear or are told. That's not reality. It's something people often hope to achieve moreso than actually do.

Some of you think if you went back in time you would avoid sex due to mistakes it came with. :duck:

You can't let your desires drive and over rule you and you also can't ignore them. Sex is vital to humans. Balance is key. Too much of anything is poison. Prolonged Abstinence is highly unrealistic even idealistic.

All societies that try to limit sexual outlets end up having worse side effects. Abuse, rape... A lot of non consentual shyt and predatory shyt towards children and family. While people are outwardly projecting their purity to fit a standard they are moving shady behind used doors. Because they have not quelled their desires, they have not stayed them. Just let storm brew that will erupt further down the line.

I think the point is most people would be better off if they reserved sex for exclusive relationships (not necessarily marriage) with people with good character. A lot of baby mama drama, emotional baggage and using sex as a coping mechanism would be avoided.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think the point is most people would be better off if they reserved sex for exclusive relationships (not necessarily marriage) with people with good character. A lot of baby mama drama, emotional baggage and using sex as a coping mechanism would be avoided.
And there it is. Just that simple. Promiscuity is the issue....

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn

Do you remember what that thread was called?
[/QUOTE]
Can’t recall the name but man I can tell you that I learned a lot from this website here.