Seriously I don't know how brehs can play on retro consoles.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
thread making me pull up the SNES games on my switch:wow:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I can still play on my ps3, tho if feels archaic, but I doubt I could go older than that.
It’s funny. I feel like as far as that goes, the cartridge generations hold up better. Nothing makes a game feel dated quite like getting hit with minutes upon minutes of loading screens. Add to that, the piss poor controls of the early “3D” games. An SNES game will turn on immediately 30 years later and play just as well as you remember it.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
you don't need 1080hd to play a side-scrolling platform jumper. A lot of those games are still better designed, plus the music.

Idk how or why brehs spend thousands to update their consoles every new generation, only for the games to be the same shyt they put out 10 years ago.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
It’s funny. I feel like as far as that goes, the cartridge generations hold up better. Nothing makes a game feel dated quite like getting hit with minutes upon minutes of loading screens. Add to that, the piss poor controls of the early “3D” games. An SNES game will turn on immediately 30 years later and play just as well as you remember it.
You prolly right but I just have more nostalgia for the early 3d games.

all the shyt I played on snes sega etc was licensed bull shyt like Aladdin, lion king, ninja turtles, spider man, power rangers lol.

I was super young.

I played mega man legends a couple years back and aside from the tank controls I still had fun.

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The resolution looks trash and usually isn't full screen. I'd rather have a pc with some emulation to better the visuals.
I agree these nikkas wanna act obtuse. That shyt look trash.

Emulation is a godsend for older games.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
16-bit gang represent :banderas:
Those games might be older now, but the 16 bit era still generally looks and plays great. Having a dope artstyle >>> trying to be ultra-realistic most of the time.

I still maintain that the SNES was the GOAT game console. Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Super Metroid, Mega Man X, and A Link to the Past. :blessed:
The Genesis had heat, too. Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star IV, Sonic 3 and Knuckles :ohlawd:
Street Fighter 2 :win:

...A lot of those early gen 3D games look and feel super trash today (:flabbynsick:), but the PS2 is still great, and the Gamecube was underrated.

Video games need to stop trying so hard to be movies. I'll give Hideo Kojima his props and that's where it stops.

Last edited:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Cuz I miss blowing non - existing dust out of my cartridge and putting it in the freezer for 30 mins before hitting u,u, d,d,l,r,l,r,b,a,start.... Mothafukka :ufdup: