Serious question about Americans

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do people in america especially blacks like to act as if almost everybody who goes to college are these high upstanding good individuals with morals, integrity and dignity?

I have been all over the world and this notion is mostly prevalent in american society especially in the black community and isn't really emphasized by beating it into your head in other places.

Just because you have a college/advanced degree doesn't mean you have all these so called great qualities like good decision making, being positive, outgoing, faithful in relationships/most desirable etc.

This whole idea that having a degree gives you this invisible mask is complete and utter GARBAGE.

I'm just saying tho... :manny:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Do women even care about certs? I'm just saying tho.

Majority of black women think they have arrived by being a registered nurse, that stuff is weird.

it seems impressive if you come from a place where it isn't that common for people to pursue higher education

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it seems impressive if you come from a place where it isn't that common for people to pursue higher education

Having an education or trade supposed to be normal not some badge of honor.

All that "I am a good/reasonable person because I went to school" is BULLshyt :laff:

:russ:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
You starting off by talking about Americans and then turned it into black women. Just when I was going to take the thread seriously.

???

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You starting off by talking about Americans and then turned it into black women. Just when I was going to take the thread seriously.

:childplease:

This also applies to the media, politicians etc including black women who brag the most about degrees.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I've honestly never really seen alot of these people who claim they are "Good people" just because the went to college...

Now there are some neighborhood in which it is rare for someone to come out of there and finish college and if they are proud of that they have every right to be....

But I've never got that "I'm better than you" vibe from the black people I know with degrees.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
A Todd thread about black people.

:mugabe:

sent from royalty via tapatalk

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
:childplease: this is another let's complain about black women thread. :yawn:

it's the truth. I'm educated(multiple IT certs), can program in 4 computer languages but I don't even use that as barge of honor.

Only black women wear the honor...independent bullsh!t.

I walk right past any independent black woman BS

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Only black women wear the honor...independent bullsh!t.

I walk right past any independent black woman BS

You are the main person who thinks you education makes you this awesome person.

All you do is talk about your education, you ability to talk white, and the fact that you now live in white neighborhood as if that makes you amazing. Pot meet kettle.