serious discussion: Drake HAS to be an industry plant, no?

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Bu bu bu wait it gets worse. Mind control like Debo. Using the pictures of fake black youth to cosign Drake. Who is behind this... #theshift

:dwillhuh: @Art Barr @Walt they are stealing pictures of young African teens and using them to cosign this half jew..... even @bdizzle and @Barnett114 get in here.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Let the Coli tell it

-Trey Songz was a superstar in '06-'07 like his album didn't sell 70,000 copies first week when hip hop/R&B was still selling. Chris Brown was crushing Trey at this time. Trey did plenty of features at this time many with regional Southern artists.

:mjlol:

He was an upcoming star not some unreachable superstar. Dudes in here acting like it's '09. Like I said he and Drake became acquaintances.

-Phonte, Elzhi and 9th Wonder beat how could he possibly get them.

Like they didn't come from relatively underground, backpacking hip hop groups. I'm not sure Phonte or Elzhi even command $10,000 for features. Act like a child actor from the Toronto suburbs can't afford to pay features brehs.

-Lil Wayne did not record on CS tell me I'm lying?

:mjlol:

:mjlol: at you really trying to act like Trey Songz wasn't known and famous in 2007

Can't Help But Wait was like #1 on 106th and Park for like 2 months nikka. People knew who Trey Songz was from this song 2 years earlier if you wanna be real about it

Sucking off Drake so hard cutting off oxygen to your brain. Drake was clearly the nobody then and Trey was the star singer.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
this is an obvious L for the culture of hip hop. we've blatantly seen the direct higher up connections he has come out in full force to save his reputation from being completely demolished. there is apart of me that really is furious. it's a industry plant thing. it's an oppresion thing. it's favoritism. it's corporate greed. it's biting. there's so many angles to this that would infuriate a person who literally grew up in the culture.

i'm watching something that was black turn white and lose it's soul. i can clearly see how wrong this is while just about everyone else is cosigning it because they either don't want to be on the wrong side or just want to go along with what's cool....or you're just not going to say anything because you don't want to ruffle any feathers. the whole entire point of hip hop has been to ruffle feathers. hip hop has been calling out phonies, fakes and imitators since it's inception. faking and biting whether consensual or not is a cardinal sin in this game and right before my eyes i'm watching it become celebrated.

this one event opens the floodgates for a different type of artist to enter the scene. one that doesn't have to prove themselves with the skill of a real mc. this is the artist they wanted all along but couldn't push because at one time the public wouldn't stand for it. a hip hop artist/rapper that's using someone elses lines? get the fukk out of here. but now....within a weeks time, it's all good. this is okay....kids are rooting for this. adults are rooting for this. everything hip hop stood for is reversed because one guy had all the money and power backing him. hip hop started out as an authentic means to communicate a narrative of the ghetto when there were no suits of any kind paying attention. it was the voice of the mc telling his or her own truth.

i can't say i haven't known for a long time that hip hop has been controlled by money but this is different. this is the reversal of everything that it's about. you have a half black and white jew from upper suburbia using the platform to assert himself to the top with his television connections, just like a white kid who's father works at a major corporation. he can use daddy's position for an internship and later take over the company in a few short years without any real work put in. then you have meek....a clear child and product of the ghetto...grew up in the meanest streets in philly and well known in the battle scene. he grinded his way out. the streets spoke for him when ross came to philly. the streets told ross that he had to see about this kid meek....not connections,

now meek is the fraud and drake is the hero. drake is the creative genius and meek is the loud mouthed goon. the soft spoken Canadian who manages to get a 20 million deal with apple, host the espys and have his image plastered on billboards with nas biggie and rakim is now the face of the culture. yet he has others writing for him....this shyt just blows my mind. i'm witnessing a sad day in hip hop history but i'm just going to keep it moving. like someone said in another thread....hip hop belongs to the suits now. they knew what they were doing from day 1 with drake.

well damn

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:mjlol: at you really trying to act like Trey Songz wasn't known and famous in 2007

Can't Help But Wait was like #1 on 106th and Park for like 2 months nikka. People knew who Trey Songz was from this song 2 years earlier if you wanna be real about it

Sucking off Drake so hard cutting off oxygen to your brain. Drake was clearly the nobody then and Trey was the star singer.

Why are nikkas dense? :snoop:

Where in my post did I say Trey was unknown? I clearly called him an upcoming star. Refute my points...Trey's second album sold 70,000 first week he wasn't popping like THAT to the point where you couldn't get a feature from him. Like I said Trey from 04-07 had plenty of features with regional Southern artist. How much was Trey commanding for a feature at this time? Did Trey not know Drake personally at this time?

Drake couldn't afford features :comeon:

Be real nikka :snoop:

noumena

All Star
Daps
this is an obvious L for the culture of hip hop. we've blatantly seen the direct higher up connections he has come out in full force to save his reputation from being completely demolished. there is apart of me that really is furious. it's a industry plant thing. it's an oppresion thing. it's favoritism. it's corporate greed. it's biting. there's so many angles to this that would infuriate a person who literally grew up in the culture.

i'm watching something that was black turn white and lose it's soul. i can clearly see how wrong this is while just about everyone else is cosigning it because they either don't want to be on the wrong side or just want to go along with what's cool....or you're just not going to say anything because you don't want to ruffle any feathers. the whole entire point of hip hop has been to ruffle feathers. hip hop has been calling out phonies, fakes and imitators since it's inception. faking and biting whether consensual or not is a cardinal sin in this game and right before my eyes i'm watching it become celebrated.

The reason the CACs :cape: for wheelchair Jimmy is because...CACs are so used to stealing black culture that this ghost writing shyt isn't anything to them.:ohhh::lupe:
They're even giving him pats on the back
"That's our boy Aubrey, look at him steal other's work! Must be his white side.":youngsabo:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Dream Hampton heard 6 reference tracks Nas used. Nobody called someone as respected in hip hop as Dream Hampton a liar. Nobody from Nas camp denied the reference tracks. The point is, it didnt take away from the FACT that people still recognized Nas as a prolific lyricist.
Dream hampton is a fukking joke and a huge jay z dikk rider. She said that shyt to throw shade on nas to make jay z look better.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For anyone who tries to insinuate any popular rapper they don't like
is a "plant", I think this is pretty clear evidence of what a "Plant" is.

They have the full brunt of a major label and it's marketing dollars behind them.
Even resorting to using bots to influence public opinion saying bullshyt like "What's the
big deal with him not writing his songs ?".

shyt is really, REALLY bizarre.
I don't recall anything similar happening with ANY of Drake's peers and I'm certain money
has something to do with it.

Last edited: