serious discussion: Drake HAS to be an industry plant, no?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Let the Coli tell it

-Trey Songz was a superstar in '06-'07 like his album didn't sell 70,000 copies first week when hip hop/R&B was still selling. Chris Brown was crushing Trey at this time. Trey did plenty of features at this time many with regional Southern artists.

:mjlol:

He was an upcoming star not some unreachable superstar. Dudes in here acting like it's '09. Like I said he and Drake became acquaintances.

-Phonte, Elzhi and 9th Wonder beat how could he possibly get them.

Like they didn't come from relatively underground, backpacking hip hop groups. I'm not sure Phonte or Elzhi even command $10,000 for features. Act like a child actor from the Toronto suburbs can't afford to pay features brehs.

-Lil Wayne did not record on CS tell me I'm lying?

:mjlol:

just to touch on the Trigga part, Trey Songz when Just go to make it came out was what August Alsina was when I love that sh*t came out, meaning potential was/is huge, and he had a following, you cant say he's a nobody then. He's not pop star status, but still a big name.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He wasnt no damn top 5 he has one of the best hip hop albums ever but that wasnt because of his pen being incredible. :mjlol:

u must b young. People were saying snoop was the greatest rapper alive when doggy style was poppin. People in the streets were imitating his flow. Is he my top 5? NO but snoop from 92-94 is milles ahead of anything drake could dream of.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I Listened to pandora and radio heavy all through college middle of last decade. Didn't know who drake was until 2009 by way of the radio for best I ever had and saw his name pop up in sohh.

Everbody and they mama had whack verses when the south blew up middle of last decade....drake couldn't make a feature on a random snap track? Why was drake not on carter 3? I woke up one day and the radio going crazy about drake in 2009 and the mentioning he had a song with trey songz back in the day...and then he's on blueprint 3.

Cause when nelly dropped country grammar out of know where in 2000 I spoke about it word of mouth on Napster chat... and it had to gain organic steam and his album was just his people. It seems like drake was hott the flip of a switch and then featured on everything 2009 and then on.

I can attest that Nelly had country Grammer out in 96.
he performed it at msu, in 96, too.

Art Barr

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
this is an obvious L for the culture of hip hop. we've blatantly seen the direct higher up connections he has come out in full force to save his reputation from being completely demolished. there is apart of me that really is furious. it's a industry plant thing. it's an oppresion thing. it's favoritism. it's corporate greed. it's biting. there's so many angles to this that would infuriate a person who literally grew up in the culture.

i'm watching something that was black turn white and lose it's soul. i can clearly see how wrong this is while just about everyone else is cosigning it because they either don't want to be on the wrong side or just want to go along with what's cool....or you're just not going to say anything because you don't want to ruffle any feathers. the whole entire point of hip hop has been to ruffle feathers. hip hop has been calling out phonies, fakes and imitators since it's inception. faking and biting whether consensual or not is a cardinal sin in this game and right before my eyes i'm watching it become celebrated.

this one event opens the floodgates for a different type of artist to enter the scene. one that doesn't have to prove themselves with the skill of a real mc. this is the artist they wanted all along but couldn't push because at one time the public wouldn't stand for it. a hip hop artist/rapper that's using someone elses lines? get the fukk out of here. but now....within a weeks time, it's all good. this is okay....kids are rooting for this. adults are rooting for this. everything hip hop stood for is reversed because one guy had all the money and power backing him. hip hop started out as an authentic means to communicate a narrative of the ghetto when there were no suits of any kind paying attention. it was the voice of the mc telling his or her own truth.

i can't say i haven't known for a long time that hip hop has been controlled by money but this is different. this is the reversal of everything that it's about. you have a half black and white jew from upper suburbia using the platform to assert himself to the top with his television connections, just like a white kid who's father works at a major corporation. he can use daddy's position for an internship and later take over the company in a few short years without any real work put in. then you have meek....a clear child and product of the ghetto...grew up in the meanest streets in philly and well known in the battle scene. he grinded his way out. the streets spoke for him when ross came to philly. the streets told ross that he had to see about this kid meek....not connections,

now meek is the fraud and drake is the hero. drake is the creative genius and meek is the loud mouthed goon. the soft spoken Canadian who manages to get a 20 million deal with apple, host the espys and have his image plastered on billboards with nas biggie and rakim is now the face of the culture. yet he has others writing for him....this shyt just blows my mind. i'm witnessing a sad day in hip hop history but i'm just going to keep it moving. like someone said in another thread....hip hop belongs to the suits now. they knew what they were doing from day 1 with drake.

:mjcry:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't visit the booth often but this is probably the best thread ive ever seen in here :wow:

Some really great posts and im not even halfway through reading the thread yet

*continues reading*

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I don't visit the booth often but this is probably the best thread ive ever seen in here :wow:

Some really great posts and im not even halfway through reading the thread yet

*continues reading*

It is a great thread. I don't want to hear whatever dropped today. Simply because of the facts in this thread. Can't support that.

Daps
These drake stans reflect the destruction of the warrior class. I get how he got the females, they operate on emotion over logic so his loves songs straight up disabled them but as men we gotta speak up on this bullshyt. I'm heated right now man cus I know what the effect of allowing shyt like this is gonna lead to. This shyt is bigger than hip hop though just peep his name and look up the Draco star constellation. fukk this Jew ISh plant and his disgusting p*ssy bytch boy man fans

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Wayne warmed up real quick once he heard Replacement Girl and Brand New...

I don't think you know what an industry plant is...
he also said he gave drake some music he was not skilled enough to make.....