Serious Discussion: Can we discuss Sony failures since Ryan took over (Update: Stepping down in 2024)

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I feel a lot of Sony's success is because of Microsoft's failure because many xbox gamers jumped ship after the Xbox One gen. If Microsoft had another gen similar to 360 then there wouldn't be this large gap. I don't think Jim Ryan has done much for the brand compared to his predecessors because Sony's formula has already been perfected.

I think these next couple of years will be the true test if Jim is awful. So far, I do not like this PS+ price hike because I am done once my sub expires in 2026. Also this GaaS gamble will be his legacy, and I don't really care for GaaS that much

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I feel a lot of Sony's success is because of Microsoft's failure because many xbox gamers jumped ship after the Xbox One gen. If Microsoft had another gen similar to 360 then there wouldn't be this large gap. I don't think Jim Ryan has done much for the brand compared to his predecessors because Sony's formula has already been perfected.

I think these next couple of years will be the true test if Jim is awful. So far, I do not like this PS+ price hike because I am done once my sub expires in 2026. Also this GaaS gamble will be his legacy, and I don't really care for GaaS that much
Bingo and dudes keep talking consoles sales when they stated out their own mouth that they are not hitting their goals. Sony is a multiplat box which is why they were panicking about COD.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
In terms of business, Jim Ryan has made Sony a shyt ton of money.

In terms of decisions, I personally think that he has hurt PlayStation in the long run. See the 20-50% price hike with PS Plus or putting games on PC.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The fa t that consoles are chasing sales targets from 10 and 29 years ago just tells me what I need to know about the console space in general.

It just doesn't seem as strong considering the amount of population growth since then.