Series S vs Series X specs side by side

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Wish I had a model that supported HDMI 2.1. I pray Samsung delivers a firmware update but I’m skeptical

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
So basically, as good a deal as a 'gamepass box' the Series S is... it's still more logical to buy a 3060/3070, is what I'm getting re-confirmed to me here, and a 3080 will be better than the Series X. And you'd still be able to play everything from Microsoft that PC anyways.

So... bet. Glad to know for sure I can sit this generation out until that Sony exclusive backlog starts piling up. PC taking no losses :whew:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wish I had a model that supported HDMI 2.1. I pray Samsung delivers a firmware update but I’m skeptical

You can stop waiting, breh. That shyt isn't happening. Even if the ports themselves were somehow built to 2.1 spec, Samsung would much rather just have you buy a new TV.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I've thought about this for a while, and I realize that the S isn't meant for people concerned with those type of things.

It's likely going to be the cheapest next gen console available for a solid two or three years, and they took the One X off the market specifically for this reason.

Also, it has the advantage of being positioned as next gen for the people who don't have a 4K TV yet, and maybe need to choose between saving for a TV and getting a system later, of getting the system now, and keeping the pipe dream of getting a new TV alive for a while longer. I know that seems ridiculous, considering that even basic 4K TVs are pretty cheap right now, but there are a LOT of gamers out there in that situation. I think most of use here are good enough money wise that we often forget that gaming is a hobby where a larger portion of participants than you would think are struggling to afford said hobby.
So much fragmentation.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
IMO you have to be a complete fukking moron (aka console stan) to buy this S shyt...

Any console that cannot at bare minimum handle 4K / 30 FPS is not next gen...If you don't have a 4K TV, there is no point in you owning a next gen console because you won't be getting the full experience...

Furthermore, the XBOX 6 month launch lineup is all games you can play at comparable resolutions to the S on current gen One X hardware...

That gives you more than enough time to stick with the One X and stack your bread till you can cop a 4K TV...That's what an intelligent person with a functional brain would do...

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So much fragmentation.

I agree, but the reality is that it really doesn't matter in the long run.

The One X and PS4 Pro sold well enough to give them proof that while it might not be everybody, there are more than enough people that will be willing to buy another console a couple of years into the cycle. They're probably betting that a good portion of people who buy the Series S will upgrade to a Series X (or whatever else, if they decide to put out another update mid cycle, but that maybe seems less likely this time around) when they're ready in a couple of years. And if they don't, they still got them to buy a console anyway.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I imagine the Series S being for people who only but two or three titles a year. COD, 2k, Madden crowd. Maybe those people would pick up Cyberpunk or AC.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This two console shyt is so dumb.

The S is 1440p :mindblown:

This is STUPID.

Just make the Series X and keep the One X as the cheaper equivalent.. This is so fragmented and stupid...

Who the hell is buying the Series S at 1440p when you can have an Xbox One X at 4K:what:

Microsoft just has money to burn
The series s is still far more powerful overall than the one X.

The one x will not be able to run next gen games at 4k, the series s on the other hand would out perform the one x running current gen games.

Teraflops are different for next gen, you cant compare raw numbers.