Separated from the peasants - Sony Playstation E3 Conference Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That was pretty much a set piece like mission that was heavily scripted. It's already been confirmed as an open world game.

Graphically...we knew the game would be gorgeous as fukk.

Outside of graphics, what happened in that gameplay that made you say, "take my fukking money!"?

It literally looked as good as how Ryse looked to Xbot stans and was littered with QTE just like Ryse and many of the same justifications are being put forth.

The conference should have shown the open world...we knew the cinematic set pieces were going to be cute, already.

Yeah, basically, them not showing Spidey exploring the open world was like Crackdown 3 not showing the destruction that they talked so much about.
There's still a lot of time until release but that was not a good gameplay demo to me. Looked like a reskinned Arkham (cause people weren't already fatigued with that series) with more QTE's.
Again, there's still time to show more. I didn't exactly like the way God of War looked last year cause it looked like TLOU: Kratos Edition, but it showed much better this year with the combat. Looked less DMC'ish like in the past and more Dark Souls, which is good

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Three games that were awesome other than that conference was trash.

You say that as if you made some type of sense

Days gone
God of war
Uncharted
Spider man
Beyond good and evil 2

Stop it. These were the highlights of the show, arguing otherwise is just crazy.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Days gone
God of war
Uncharted
Spider man
Beyond good and evil 2

Stop it. These were the highlights of the show, arguing otherwise is just crazy.

Uncharted is the same with just a lady as main character. Spiderman look ass my son might like it. 4 Games that were legit and you guys act like it's the end of the world bow down.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps

Days gone
God of war
Uncharted
Spider man
Beyond good and evil 2

I think he's just talking about Sony so bge2 shouldn't be on the list
Days gone looked okay but considering the tlou 2 is going to do a lot of the same... the fight looked identical to tlou
And then you have 3 games

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I didn't exactly like the way God of War looked last year cause it looked like TLOU: Kratos Edition, but it showed much better this year with the combat. Looked less DMC'ish like in the past and more Dark Souls, which is good
Cosign.

I thought God of War looked very promising. It seems like they are really moving away from the frantic DMC/Dante's Inferno type combat and more zoomed in gameplay.

That game was the game I loved from the Sony Conference.

If I look at my time and money, I'd be conflicted on whether I'd cop both Uncharted and Days Gone. For the sake of Sony players, I just hope Tomb raider doesn't come with another sequel for years just on some fatigue shyt. Lol.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Damn u nikkas must be on top of your gaming to feel like this was wack. I got plenty of games to keep me occupied from now till 2019 considering I cop at least 8-10 games a year. I could care less for a 2018 release when there is so much piff in the backlog:wow:

I"m in the same boat. I still haven't picked up Horizon, NieR, Yakuza 0, Injustice 2, Tekken 7, etc and I plan to get all those.

I'm a big Uncharted fan, so Lost Legacy is day one cop for me.

I thought Spider-Man looked incredible and God of War looked great. New mechanics shown off in Days Gone looked good and Detroit Become Human looked cool as well. It was nice to see them show some love to VR, although I doubt I will buy one anytime soon.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Welp, E3 was a wash this year:francis:
It wasn't a wash, breh.

It represents a focus by these companies not to inundate us with exciting trailers of games that will be released in 2021. I'm hoping the next E3 follows the same strategy and gives us solid title previews of games that we actually can expect in the foreseeable future.

Sony could have stressed Death Stranding and TLOU 2 and MSft could have put up Gears 5 and Halo6... we know they are in development but it's disingenuous to the gamer for them to do that.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It wasn't a wash, breh.

It represents a focus by these companies not to inundate us with exciting trailers of games that will be released in 2021. I'm hoping the next E3 follows the same strategy and gives us solid title previews of games that we actually can expect in the foreseeable future.

Sony could have stressed Death Stranding and TLOU 2 and MSft could have put up Gears 5 and Halo6... we know they are in development but it's disingenuous to the gamer for them to do that.
It's not that there was nothing, just that the whole thing was very underwheming. The high point to me was Scorpio (the "real name" is wack), but they didn't have the best methods of stressing it, and didn't answer any tough questions. Phil in a good interview where he just keepsnit real could be big for MS. Anyway, I didn't enjoy it too much. Besides Scorpio, I was most hype for Cuphead FINALLY coming out, and the DBZ fighter.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
It's not that there was nothing, just that the whole thing was very underwheming. The high point to me was Scorpio (the "real name" is wack), but they didn't have the best methods of stressing it, and didn't answer any tough questions. Phil in a good interview where he just keepsnit real could be big for MS. Anyway, I didn't enjoy it too much. Besides Scorpio, I was most hype for Cuphead FINALLY coming out, and the DBZ fighter.
Cosign.

I'll concede that the Porsche on stage and the Prince of Persia intro was corny as fukk and was probably better served for the people in the seats at the conference. We should be fair about business conferences needing those things to present a certain flair and prestige... nikkas are thinking like gamers(including me) not realizing that those bells and whistles are for shareholders and investors.

I agree that the X1X was the highlight between the two conferences. My close seconds are State of Decay 2, God of War and Cuphead. I was more hype about Spiderman and Days Gone before that showing to be honest.