Senegal pledges 2,100 troops to aid Saudis effort in Yemen

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
fukked up as fukked up can get. I saw it on various African media outlets on my FB feed and Africans are PISSED at this decision. Sall fukking up big time.

I don't blame them, saudis don't give two fukks about africans especially non-muslims . The african union needs to use it's resources to protect africa, they should just build up a large military presence in area and secure it that way.

African governments seem to don't understand that it's imperative they come together on certain issues.

Solomon Caine

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
in the shadows
I don't blame them, saudis don't give two fukks about africans especially non-muslims . The african union needs to use it's resources to protect africa, they should just build up a large military presence in area and secure it that way.

African governments seem to don't understand that it's imperative they come together on certain issues.
African leaders :stopitslime: what African leaders? they are the biggest bunch of useless, spineless, corrupt group on earth, they only care about filling their pockets and their families. Obviously Governments like Sudan, Egypt, Somalia and now Senegal are just looking for crumbs and a little legitimacy for their own weak corrupt regimes by supporting with this ''Saudi Coalition'' in anyway that they can!! :scusthov:

I really do miss the older generation of African Dictators at least they never lied to us, sure they where blood thirsty if someone challenged them but they where not suckers or followers. They used to challenge superpowers. :banderas:

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Senegal isn't "corrupt" so no it doesn't. Its 1 of the few African countries with a bit of sense.

You don't think they answer to the Saudis and especially the French?

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
African leaders :stopitslime: what African leaders? they are the biggest bunch of useless, spineless, corrupt group on earth, they only care about filling their pockets and their families. Obviously Governments like Sudan, Egypt, Somalia and now Senegal are just looking for crumbs and a little legitimacy for their own weak corrupt regimes by supporting with this ''Saudi Coalition'' in anyway that they can!! :scusthov:

I really do miss the older generation of African Dictators at least they never lied to us, sure they where blood thirsty if someone challenged them but they where not suckers or followers. They used to challenge superpowers. :banderas:

Leaders like Robert Mugabe and Isaias Afewerki don't mess around, it's the immense puppet landscape around them that helps subdue a chain reaction effect. Africa needs to scrap those colonial boundaries and consolidate these mini economies into a vast open market, that and institute some kind of national anti-corruption service.

The world don't want problems with a prosperous united Africa... :ufdup:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am not impressed at all by most of the African leaders , post colonial and otherwise. The older strong man leaders just turned out to be an appendage of Moscow or the West and failed to articulate or develop any strong nationalism. The little nationalism that they ever had was a means to an end and once they got into office started turning against their opponents and usually based on some old tribal beef. When they were not doing that they failed to create any strong institutions to govern the country and preferred everything to run through them, that's why people Like Biya,Mugabe,Kagame,Museveni hang on to power way past their usefulness. Their administration is so weak that their economic structure still resembles what the immediate post colonial order looked like. It's not even an age issue too, there was a time in the 90s when Meles,Kagame,Museveni were considered to be the new face of African leadership that is not involved in intractable conflicts but they too could not escape that impulse.

I get that Senegal is going to get cash but fighting Middle Eastern wars is not wise, Pakistanis refused the offer wisely and a Sub Saharan nation that is far from the area accepted. I never figured Senegalese to be the type Muslims who are willing to fight based on religious reasons, countries like Mali, Niger and Mauritania where some fanatics reside I would have figured to be sending troops but not them.