Selling stuff online is such a pain

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
I had some rare Pokemon and Yugioh cards I had at my grandparents house and they accidentally threw them out. I could be making a pretty penny for the rare cards I had. When I was young I didn't knew the value of those cards should've kept them.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let’s say you sold something for 100 on eBay. How much you actually get back with eBay fees and PayPal fees?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Let’s say you sold something for 100 on eBay. How much you actually get back with eBay fees and PayPal fees?
eBay takes 10% in final value fees. PayPal takes about 3% in fees. You'll get like $87. If you had insertion fees and other minor fees maybe a few dollars less.

With certain items especially higher end items that's still your best bet. Like my Sonos Playbar I can't even sell it for $340 on Facebook Marketplace. Nobody really goes on FBM looking for a $600 soundbar. Some stuff just doesn't have a market.

I just sold a TV I had sitting around for $200. 7 years ago I paid $1500 for that TV. Even to this day that was a damn good TV but I upgraded so had no use for it and people still haggled me over the $200. The guy I sold it to I literally had to drive it to him and he gave me what I asked.

It was this TV. Quite possibly the GOAT 1080p LCD TV
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL-55W900A-55-Inch-240Hz-Internet/dp/B00AWKBZ0M/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DDVTXXRYDWY2G8515MXZ

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
eBay takes 10% in final value fees. PayPal takes about 3% in fees. You'll get like $87. If you had insertion fees and other minor fees maybe a few dollars less.

With certain items especially higher end items that's still your best bet. Like my Sonos Playbar I can't even sell it for $340 on Facebook Marketplace. Nobody really goes on FBM looking for a $600 soundbar. Some stuff just doesn't have a market.

I just sold a TV I had sitting around for $200. 7 years ago I paid $1500 for that TV. Even to this day that was a damn good TV but I upgraded so had no use for it and people still haggled me over the $200. The guy I sold it to I literally had to drive it to him and he gave me what I asked.

It was this TV. Quite possibly the GOAT 1080p LCD TV
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL-55W900A-55-Inch-240Hz-Internet/dp/B00AWKBZ0M/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DDVTXXRYDWY2G8515MXZ

So what yall sayin is I need to start making low ball offers on FBM for an easy come up?:patrice:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So what yall sayin is I need to start making low ball offers on FBM for an easy come up?:patrice:
Most won't respond to low ball offers. I've had 2 people flake on me in the last 24 hours for a TV I'm trying to move. I upgraded and I'm dumping a 6 year old TV as a result. Sony 55 in for $200. Can't get anybody willing to pay the $200 and when I go down to $180 they say they'll buy it then ghost me. FBM is far worse than Craigslist ever was.

Had a lady say she wanted it and asked her where she wanted to meet or if she wanted me to just deliver it to her and she refused to meet me anywhere and said she doesn't let people meet up at her house. I told her we could meet in a parking lot anywhere and I have a power inverter that will power the TV so she can test it. Suddenly she lost interest and ghosted me as well.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just started really using Ebay. Been using it to clear out the crib a little bit and replace some furniture, so price isn't a concern as long as I get one bid :manny:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Most won't respond to low ball offers. I've had 2 people flake on me in the last 24 hours for a TV I'm trying to move. I upgraded and I'm dumping a 6 year old TV as a result. Sony 55 in for $200. Can't get anybody willing to pay the $200 and when I go down to $180 they say they'll buy it then ghost me. FBM is far worse than Craigslist ever was.

Had a lady say she wanted it and asked her where she wanted to meet or if she wanted me to just deliver it to her and she refused to meet me anywhere and said she doesn't let people meet up at her house. I told her we could meet in a parking lot anywhere and I have a power inverter that will power the TV so she can test it. Suddenly she lost interest and ghosted me as well.
Thats cold but GH and Doordash drop shyt off at her house all the damn time. Cold world with very stupid people in it.