Selling stuff online is such a pain

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't usually sell stuff on eBay but I had a bunch of stuff I just decided to get rid of and there's basically nowhere else to sell it. You won't get anywhere near fair value for anything on Facebook Marketplace. Craigslist is dead locally. Amazon is too strict.

eBay is now taking 10% of everything I sell for final value fees. Counting PayPal taking 3% I'm losing 13% on everything I sell plus they're charging me those fees on the shipping cost so it's more than that.

All this totally ignores the fact that eBay will hang your ass out to dry if a buyer wants to scam you. So far nobody has tried to scam me and I've sold about 10 items for about $770 in sales.

Facebook Marketplace is so bad I put my Sonos Playbar on there for $360 and I got an offer of about $200. $360 is a pretty decent price for a Playbar in mint condition considering you'll pay shipping if you buy on eBay that will likely put it over that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
cosign all that...

i had a vintage board that went for 100 on ebay in april... i out mine on fbmarketplace.. only got 40.. smh
People on FBM are ruthless. I've gotten insulting offers for stuff on there. I had an Asus AC88U router and sold one on eBay for $120. I showed the guy the damn link and told him give me $100 and it was his and he wouldn't budge over $60. Dude expected me to take over a $40 loss to sell to him locally.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i tried giving away a TV for free on facebook market

only comes with power cable, works and everything

only catch is they have to come pick it up from me, since it has a heavy base, I wont drop it off. Which I wrote in description.

received 100+ emails "when can you drop it off" "what kind of remote does it come with" "does it come with hdmi cables"

man what :what:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I don't usually sell stuff on eBay but I had a bunch of stuff I just decided to get rid of and there's basically nowhere else to sell it. You won't get anywhere near fair value for anything on Facebook Marketplace. Craigslist is dead locally. Amazon is too strict.

eBay is now taking 10% of everything I sell for final value fees. Counting PayPal taking 3% I'm losing 13% on everything I sell plus they're charging me those fees on the shipping cost so it's more than that.

All this totally ignores the fact that eBay will hang your ass out to dry if a buyer wants to scam you. So far nobody has tried to scam me and I've sold about 10 items for about $770 in sales.

Facebook Marketplace is so bad I put my Sonos Playbar on there for $360 and I got an offer of about $200. $360 is a pretty decent price for a Playbar in mint condition considering you'll pay shipping if you buy on eBay that will likely put it over that.
Yard sale

Farmers market booth

Want ad

Offer up

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Right ? I used to sell on amazon but they made me wait up to 21 days to receive the funds

So I went to ebay. It was great at first but then they started billing me each month I sold shyt :francis:

Sold a phone for like $300 and over a month later I get a statement I get a bill for 80$ in seller fees and I'm like "of fukk I forgot all about that":francis:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Uses to sell online a few months back...I would usually have to wait 2 to 3 weeks before Paypal would release the funds :beli:

Then Ebay would creep up like
M7HEt5u.gif

For the end of the month selling fee.....:pacspit:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
You're 100% on eBay having 0 seller protection.
Nike-Air-Flight-One-NRG-Galaxy.jpg

I sold a pair 2012 Flight One Galaxies on there for $350 (I think the value on these has dropped since then, ask @Brad Piff), shipped via USPS. Buyer claimed non-receipt even though USPS showed package was delivered, even called their local USPS site and they confirmed it...but because I didn't have the buyer sign off on arrival of the package, eBay ruled in their favor and charged the $350 from my PayPal account. To this day it's hardest I've been scammed. Filed it as a "stupid tax" and kept it moving, but man...left a bitter taste in my mouth for a couple years.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
I always divide MY price by .8 to cover Feebay and shipping. I see on average 80% of whatever the item sells for after postage.

Gotta protect yourself on eBay though. Check buyer feedback. Get tracking.

I'm not a power seller but I've been selling on eBay for years never once had an issue with a buyer.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I always divide MY price by .8 to cover Feebay and shipping. I see on average 80% of whatever the item sells for after postage.

Gotta protect yourself on eBay though. Check buyer feedback. Get tracking.

I'm not a power seller but I've been selling on eBay for years never once had an issue with a buyer.
Get signature confirmation and insurance too

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
yeah shyt is annoying. not to mention using apps like Offer Up where people are just idiots...you put exactly what the price and description of the item is and still get tons of messages asking for information you clearly posted for them to read.

or the classic "is this still available" message where i instantly respond "yes" and they never reply again :pachaha: