Seinfeld Turned Down 110 million For Last Season of Show

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Jerry Seinfeld was offered a whopping $110 million contract to film just one more season of Seinfeld, yet instead chose to walk away from the hit sitcom after its ninth season.

That’s according to former NBC executive Warren Littlefield, one of the group who attempted to lure the comic back in front of the camera for a tenth season. Yet Seinfeld turned down the sum, which worked out at $5 million per episode, because he wanted to have a family.

Speaking to FOX, Littlefield revealed Seinfeld made a ‘quality of life decision’ when he quit the show, though did say the comedian was tempted:

“We didn’t mess around. What we put on the table was unheard of. We went in there with a staggering sum and there was tremendous confidence that no one could walk away from it… (Jerry) came to me and said, ‘I don’t have a life, I’m not married, I don’t have kids.’ We gave it everything we had, he was tempted, but in the end it was a quality of life decision.”

It’s little surprise that NBC were flashing the big bucks at Seinfeld. Rather than tiring of the show, audiences seemed to grow more and more fond of it. In its final season, the comedy clocked up its best ever ratings, with an average of 21.7 million U.S. households tuning in for each episode. Critics also continued to lavish praise on the show, the last episode of which aired on May 14, 1998.

:ooh:

Was listening to Howard Stern and he mentioned it so I had to look it up... He said 110 milly was just the opening negatiation and he could have gotten A LOT more...

:dahell:

People talk about Chapelle walking away from a 25 million dollar split with Neal Brennan being nuts but this is some next level sh1t...Ain't enough artistic integrity on the planet..

:noah:

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Yeah I heard his interview with Howard Stern too. Idk how you walk away from all that money, no way in hell I could do that. He did say that they probably would have done one last season if LD wanted to come back for that though.

I think the show ended at the right time and doing the reunion on CYE was great, but how do you pass up 110 million?

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
'Seinfeld' earned $2.7 billion since it went off the air in 1998 - NYPOST.com :mjpls:

Jerry Seinfeld and co-creator Larry David have an undisclosed ownership stake in the show that has paid them in the hundreds of millions for the reruns of the show.

I wonder if there is anything on TV that can be this lucrative in 2013...The closest I can think of is The Simons with the American Idol franchise..

Bill Cosby is caking crazy from syndication money on all of his shows too

:salute:

LesterDiamond

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Daps
Reppin
AZ
Dude's gonna be eating good off that syndication money for the rest of his life.

An extra 100million probably ain't nothing when youre fukking with billions. :ld:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Dude's gonna be eating good off that syndication money for the rest of his life.

An extra 100million probably ain't nothing when youre fukking with billions. :ld:

He said on Stern that his syndication cut isn't that big and the reported numbers have been greatly inflated..

:ld: apparently gets a much bigger cut...

Then :ld: has that Curb money that just the icing on the cake..

These Hollywood jews is seeing Arab money for songs and jokes...

Dudes like him, Springsteen and Adam Sandler pretty much own the democratic party...

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
He said on Stern that his syndication cut isn't that big and the reported numbers have been greatly inflated..

:ld: apparently gets a much bigger cut...

Then :ld: has that Curb money that just the icing on the cake..

These Hollywood jews is seeing Arab money for songs and jokes...

Dudes like him, Springsteen and Adam Sandler pretty much own the democratic party...

That DVD money though :wow:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
110 mill??

fTBlh9d.png

I don't think I could have done it. No way I'm walking away from that. On top of that it wasn't like in the 9th season the show was on its last leg. They were still going strong. I thing Season 10 could have been quality even without LD. Just goes to show how much money these cats really have.

And you know Julia Louis-Dreyfuss didn't care because her dad was a billionaire or some shyt like that.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
110 mill??

fTBlh9d.png

I don't think I could have done it. No way I'm walking away from that. On top of that it wasn't like in the 9th season the show was on its last leg. They were still going strong. I thing Season 10 could have been quality even without LD. Just goes to show how much money these cats really have.

And you know Julia Louis-Dreyfuss didn't care because her dad was a billionaire or some shyt like that.
Just googled Julia Louis-Dreyfuss nude for kicks :merchant:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Larry David wrote 62 of the episodes of Seinfeld, including 1992's "The Contest", for which he won a Primetime Emmy Award and which TV Guide ranked the episode #1 on its list of "TV's Top 100 Episodes of All Time". Syndication of Seinfeld earned David an estimated US$250 million in 1998 alone. This amount has been steadily decreasing each year, but payments will continue until the full $1.7 billion from the original deal has been paid. In 2008 David made $55 million from Seinfeld syndication, DVD sales, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. He was nominated for an Emmy award 19 times for Seinfeld, winning twice – once for best comedy and once for writing

:merchant:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Larry David wrote 62 of the episodes of Seinfeld, including 1992's "The Contest", for which he won a Primetime Emmy Award and which TV Guide ranked the episode #1 on its list of "TV's Top 100 Episodes of All Time". Syndication of Seinfeld earned David an estimated US$250 million in 1998 alone. This amount has been steadily decreasing each year, but payments will continue until the full $1.7 billion from the original deal has been paid. In 2008 David made $55 million from Seinfeld syndication, DVD sales, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. He was nominated for an Emmy award 19 times for Seinfeld, winning twice – once for best comedy and once for writing

:merchant:
:what:.........:leon:............:ohlawd:

fTBlh9d.png