Seinfeld= Overrated

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Seasons 1-5 are GOAT.

Once they switched directors, the show had a noticeable dropoff.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I gotta rewatch the series. When I did the my run thru of the series I felt the way but been a while since then.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:hubie:All I can say was, time and place are very important. I started watching Seinfeld as a teen and it was funny. I got to my 20s, hilarious. I am not in my mid 30s and its aged even better. WAY more of the jokes hit and having lived some life, it makes sense. I don't expect it to suddenly get better going forward as the cast was basically all 30-somethings living life in NY, but it is the GOAT. You can say a random ass phrase like "Shes foaming at the mouth!" and im rolling. There is no show like it.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:hubie:All I can say was, time and place are very important. I started watching Seinfeld as a teen and it was funny. I got to my 20s, hilarious. I am not in my mid 30s and its aged even better. WAY more of the jokes hit and having lived some life, it makes sense. I don't expect it to suddenly get better going forward as the cast was basically all 30-somethings living life in NY, but it is the GOAT. You can say a random ass phrase like "Shes foaming at the mouth!" and im rolling. There is no show like it.
Check what i said above lol
The show was always my favourite but at this point man…its perfection

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Check what i said above lol
The show was always my favourite but at this point man…its perfection
Yup, it absolutely has gotten funnier over time and the references make sense since I lived it. It would be impossible to explain to someone who hits 30 10-15 years from now why Seinfeld was a cultural phenomenon, but for those who know, its an incredible show. And I see you said Martin was a 7 overall...I say thats absolutely fair. In a vacuum, I understand Martin's themes more closely due to being a young black man coming up in the world with your day-1s. But as a pure comedic look at life, Seinfeld is genius. I randomly popped on "The Pez Dispenser" yesterday and was busting up not just at what I was seeing, but what comes next. I must have rewound the piano scene a dozen times.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yup, it absolutely has gotten funnier over time and the references make sense since I lived it. It would be impossible to explain to someone who hits 30 10-15 years from now why Seinfeld was a cultural phenomenon, but for those who know, its an incredible show. And I see you said Martin was a 7 overall...I say thats absolutely fair. In a vacuum, I understand Martin's themes more closely due to being a young black man coming up in the world with your day-1s. But as a pure comedic look at life, Seinfeld is genius. I randomly popped on "The Pez Dispenser" yesterday and was busting up not just at what I was seeing, but what comes next. I must have rewound the piano scene a dozen times.
Im watching the episode where George abstains from sex and becomes a genius - Elaine abstains and becomes dumb

That shyt was funny as a teen

But until you become a man who has been in many relationships and dealt with women who are annoying and looney until you dikk them down you wont realize HOW funny it is.

Then in the same episode you have the smokers and kramer

You have the doctor dumping elaine after passing the exam

Seinfeld is life

ITS A SHOW ABOUT LIFE

Cool DOC

All Star
Daps
Amongst my top 5 of Martin, Threes Company, Wayans Bros & Married WC, Seinfeld could just be 1.

:wow: