Sega, IO Interactive, Bungie & more were acquisition targets for Microsoft in 2021 (emails leaked claiming to ‘spend’ Sony out of business)

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yep, this.

Didn’t even know the originals were on pc so that makes everything he’s saying even more false
And San Andreas ended up releasing on the original Xbox as well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And San Andreas ended up releasing on the original Xbox as well.

yep, that i knew about, so as long as Xbox has been in the industry they have had a GTA game. Thats longer than a good portion of their audience have even been alive

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So when xbox was poppin
Yeah, they didn’t just gain their audience yesterday.

It’s been decades of exclusives building their audience.

Madden was the “fortnight” of the 2000s. And all those players grew up knowing you needed a playstation to play it.
Exactly They started out the gate with this.

"We were asking what we could do to make it difficult for Sega or Nintendo to come back," he explains. "We didn't start with a big portfolio of game development studios like Sega and Nintendo had. We were really friendly with third-parties right from day one, which was [president of SCE] Ken Kutaragi's idea. He had made a deal with EA from the start and in Japan some of Sony Music's A&R team reached out to SquareSoft and got Final Fantasy, as well as companies like Enix. We lucked out with Tomb Raider on PlayStation which [SCEA VP third party relations] Phil Harrison had managed to get an exclusive on sequels for. It became clear that exclusivity of software was what drove hardware, not the other way around."

-Chris Deering

I’m trying to figure out why @The Mad Titan is acting like Sony has bought like 100 exclusive games recently.

I'm still not going to going type up a list for you, but I'll just mention exclusive games ( timed and ???) thats been hot in the last 3 years

FF7Re
Deathloop
Ghostwire
Sifu
Stray
Kena
Forspoken
FF16
FF7 Rebirth

But yeah you right no big deal, just whatever old games. You only need 1 or 2 of those a year to Pad your whole year with one or two titles of your own. When you start taking titles away from other platforms it puts pressure on that platform to produce.

Imagine if FF16 didn't just drop, when is the next big playstation exclusive people waiting for dropping?

Exactly, this argument supports what @gurf Is saying :mjlol:

Theres no major 3rd party exclusive deals being signed that Microsoft have to “fight” against by buying up publsihers. They got all sega’s upcoming games on gamepass for example without buying them
*yet

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's pretend like these devs are skipping xbox, but at the sametime turning around and working on mac compatible versions of these games :mjlol:
Sony stans wild, now they can't think of what exclusives they get that the xbox doesn't :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
FF7Re
Deathloop
Ghostwire
Sifu
Stray
Kena
Forspoken
FF16
FF7 Rebirth

:dead:

so like he said, outside of final fantasy a bunch of temporary indie games, the same thing Microsoft is doing.

• High on Life
  • The Gunk
  • The Medium
  • Replaced
  • Ravenlok
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Tunic
  • Somerville
  • Party Animals
  • STALKER 2
  • The Ascent
  • Sable
  • 12 Minutes
  • Scorn
  • Etc. etc, etc.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What’s the deal with painting anything you don’t agree with as “internet narrative”.
Because that’s what it is.

OG xbox sold 24 million

360 sold 84 million

X1 sold 65 million

Series S/X on pace to outsell all 3 of them, and xbox making double the revenue it did for 360.

So where are all these lost customers???

Seems they are doing pretty good according to their own standards.

The big thing that happened was playstation went from selling 158 million ps2s to only 85 million PS3s

So it made the 360 generation look like Microsoft made such great progress, but in reality it was just sony fumbling.

The Xbox brand was huge in the 360 era. I had family members asking me about the Kinect, homies was all on Xbox live
It’s even bigger now :ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s even bigger now :ehh:

2dmk14.jpg

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

so like he said, outside of final fantasy a bunch of temporary indie games, the same thing Microsoft is doing.

• High on Life
  • The Gunk
  • The Medium
  • Replaced
  • Ravenlok
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Tunic
  • Somerville
  • Party Animals
  • STALKER 2
  • The Ascent
  • Sable
  • 12 Minutes
  • Scorn
  • Etc. etc, etc.

You listed everything you could think of :russ:

I gave you 6 triple A games off the top of my head :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

• High on Life
  • The Gunk
  • The Medium
  • Replaced
  • Ravenlok
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Tunic
  • Somerville
  • Party Animals
  • STALKER 2
  • The Ascent
  • Sable
  • 12 Minutes
  • Scorn
  • Etc. etc, etc.
Y’all gone have to come to terms with the fact that sony fukked up like xbox did late 360/early X1.

They were riding high and let other people buy up all the content. Now they gone have huge droughts and whatever they can squeeze from sqaure. Until/unless they buy some game studios. They aren’t getting the 3rd party deals they once got. Zenimax is an extremely relevant example of the current dynamics of console gaming. Sony was using them as a 3rd party arm to fill their gaps in content, then they got purchased, now somy has to look elsewhere.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
By the numbers it is. :ehh:

and what numbers would that be? :jbhmm:

State of the market
U.S. consumer spending on video game content, hardware and accessories totaled $4.1 billion, a 12% increase when compared to a year ago. Spending gains were seen across Content, Hardware, and Accessories.

Year-to-date consumer spending was flat when compared to the same period in 2022, at $21.8 billion.

Rankings

Units: NSW > PS5 > XBS
Revenue: NSW > PS5 > XBS

YTD Units: PS5 > NSW > XBS
YTD Revenue: PS5 > NSW > XBS

Unless you got numbers out there somewhere that xbox series is outselling 360 i don’t think thats correct relative to any platform atm

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
and what numbers would that be? :jbhmm:

State of the market
U.S. consumer spending on video game content, hardware and accessories totaled $4.1 billion, a 12% increase when compared to a year ago. Spending gains were seen across Content, Hardware, and Accessories.

Year-to-date consumer spending was flat when compared to the same period in 2022, at $21.8 billion.

Unless you got numbers out there somewhere that xbox series is outselling 360 i don’t think thats correct relative to any platform atm

You got the wrong cac tweets

There you go :ehh: