Sega Genesis Is The GOAT And Most Durable System

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
let me harp on the durability first.

genesis has to be the most durable system ever. it still works perfectly after 20 years. and the crazy thing is, its still in my folks basement and its sitting out as if people play it regularly but it rarely touched and it collects a bunch of dust. yet it still plays like a champ. matter fact, I'll prolly go play it tomorrow. might start a season or 2. its the 20th anniversary for me. yes.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
As a youngin, I had temper issues. I threw that sh1t across the room and pissed on a Joe Montana football cartridge. Went back playing a hour later. :wow:

Daps
My snes broke , and I had to go a repair shop. I was what? 11 or 10 at the time? My parents weren't going to pay for the repair, so I had work (odd jobs for neighbors) to get a new one.

I had mowed a lot of lawns to get that Snes, and I bought it at a swap meet so it was what it was. I guess.

I had a genesis too, and I was a hardcore Sega fanboy. That is, before i got the SNES.

i honestly can't remember anything good on the Genesis. Most of the games sucked. earth worm jim and Flash back maybe...shinibo and Ranger x.. Gunstar heroes... But they aren't classics to me.

However, I remember Zelda: LTTP, Chono trigger, super metriod, Megaman X, Mortal Kombat II (the best homeport by far), and Secret Mana. I remember almost every moment of those games. They stuck with me long into adulthood. I almost get teary-eyed think about those times. SNES is probably the greatest console of all time.

The only other console that comes close is the greatness that is the Xbox360. Fallout 3, skyrim, COD 4, borderlands with friends, gears, Mass effect 1... Ahh probably the best game library of the last 20 years (not counting PC).

yeah. SNES, xbox360, dreamcast.. Best ever. i never had any fun with those sony Shytboxes. Sony is the reason gaming sucks these days.

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
old video game consoles are like oldschool cars

they were just build to last and didn't have a bunch of cheap moving parts..

to keep it 100, after the Vita dropped and was basically able to create PS3 quality graphics on such a small cartridges i seriously expected PS4 games to have cartridges also.

I guess Blurays hold more space tho (someone correct me if my assumption is wrong)

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

that blast processing :blessed:

No nikka :beli:

Mario was more addictive, but sonic held its own.

Mario was fat, sloppy & slow, and had a pinch of cheesiness.

sonic was faster, agile, more athletic, better graphics, and you can tell he was getting puss when you turned the game off.

I probably played crash bandicoot more than both.

pac-man is the goat figurehead game tho. RIP Atari.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
old video game consoles are like oldschool cars

they were just build to last and didn't have a bunch of cheap moving parts..

to keep it 100, after the Vita dropped and was basically able to create PS3 quality graphics on such a small cartridges i seriously expected PS4 games to have cartridges also.

I guess Blurays hold more space tho (someone correct me if my assumption is wrong)

I don't know. i think it was just a genesis thing.

i remember the OG Nintendo was fragile and basically started f*ckin up after like a couple months. and i took good care of that chit.

as much as people glorify blowing into cartridges in favor of nostalgia, i hated that chitty-chit.

Daps
Mine still works :blessed:

I like to play this sometimes:

Ecco-cover.jpg