See why African Americans do not want stolen African treasures to be returned back to Africa

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Their doing that is pretty much no different than what many American Historians have done with US history. The PDF I read does not seem to be biased beyond the normal amount on an issue people are interested in doing normally. So I accept what was written until something substantial proves it wrong.

With America, it’s propaganda to make America look much more powerful than it’s. Heck, it’s 2022 & most Americans still believe they were the ones who defeated Nazi Germany but they won’t tell them that America financed the rise of the Nazis & without America’s money - Hitler wouldn’t have been that powerful.

With Nigerians, it’s just stupid tribalism. All the ethnic groups are unique & great in their own way - no need to rewrite history to soothe your ego. Out of all Nigerian groups - I prefer reading Hausa historians. They’re the only ones with no ego & their version of history is well documented cos they have proper written documentation of their history since they were part of Mali/Songhai empires.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
It depends though, because I have read things from some Nigerian researchers and they give details on the internal workings and pressures faced by groups and Kingdoms. I understand what you are stating about the revisionism and blame game stuff, but it is only from Nigerian writers that you understand why the Aro Confederacy had dispute with Nri; or why the Aro used mercenaries like the Abame and Mbaise; or the underpinnings of the collapse of Oyo; or what steps the people took to resist slave trading when the governments failed.

Yes, you’re right.

But they also do it when history overlaps with other groups even when every logical conclusion will expose their fallacy.