Sebastian Telfair Goes Off On NBA Players Saying It’s Not About “Winning The Finals, It’s About Building Wealth”

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Was that his motivation for scamming them, “they should’ve paid me more” :mjlol:

Most NBA teams allegedly don’t even make any major profit. So I don’t know how the players possibly could make more money from sports with their contracts.

It’s mad annoying when dudes say that motherfukkers making more than the worlds biggest ceos aren’t making any real bread :snoop:
Also why should anyone judge them by their financial situation, it’s called personal finance for a reason. Our interaction with them should be what they sell us, which is their basketball skills/entertainment.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Was that his motivation for scamming them, “they should’ve paid me more” :mjlol:

Most NBA teams allegedly don’t even make any major profit. So I don’t know how the players possibly could make more money from sports with their contracts.

It’s mad annoying when dudes say that motherfukkers making more than the worlds biggest ceos aren’t making any real bread :snoop:
Also why should anyone judge them by their financial situation, it’s called personal finance for a reason. Our interaction with them should be what they sell us, which is their basketball skills/entertainment.

Really? We got any numbers on this? Not saying it's not true, but I kind of have a hard time believing anyone owns a team just "for the love of it" in this era.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Really? We got any numbers on this? Not saying it's not true, but I kind of have a hard time believing anyone owns a team just "for the love of it" in this era.
It’s Forbes so obviously it’s estimates and “insiders with knowledge”. As you can see most teams make less than Dame Lillard. Just like Greenbay the only public NFL teams average operating income was not much larger than Mahomes salary.

But somehow people love to say, “if the players are making x imagine what the billionaires are making”. They make money from side shyt like property investments and the appreciation, the latter is just like gold or paintings. Gold and art won’t give you any dividends so how can billionaires spend billions on it… at least it’s a hobby which historically means that you’ll get more back than you paid for it. Unlike a yacht.

Last edited:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

We don’t necessarily know how they money is spilt up

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
It’s Forbes so obviously it’s estimates and “insiders with knowledge”. As you can see most teams make less than Dame Lillard. Just like Greenbay the only public NFL teams average operating income was not much larger than Mahomes salary.

But somehow people love to say, “if the players are making x imagine what the billionaires are making”. They make money from side shyt like property investments and the appreciation, the latter is just like gold or paintings. Gold and art won’t give you any dividends so how can billionaires spend billions on it… at least it’s a hobby which historically means that you’ll get more back than you paid for it. Unlike a yacht.

I really don't want to act like I don't believe you, but...do you have a link?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The players are going to care a lot more about the wealth 15 years after retirement than they will the rings.
It always bothers me when players put the competition over the career aspect. Because at the end of the day this is still a career. You are establishing wealth for yourself and family for future generations and you will retire at an extremely young age with a relatively low ability to earn a comparable income for your remaining life.

Yes, try to win. but do it for the team that will pay you the most money. Not the team you have to take a paycut for because its already stack with star and near the cap.

Last edited: