Sea of Thieves XB1 [Rare] - Meach handing out free fades, enter with caution

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
How dope can this game be really though? :jbhmm:
I don’t recall sea of thieves being on your top 20 games that you play 20 minutes a day :patrice:
Is the sway of the boat more immersive when you can swivel the screen 35 degrees? :gladbron:
Sea of thieves isn't a game you play for 20 mins at a time, you'd know that if you ever played games instead of faking like you do. I enjoy it but it's a game to be played with people. And ppl been told this game isn't worthy so it's hard funding people to play with.... sort of. I can play with strangers and In Sea of thieves they are very open to helping. I did a few missions solo, loved it. But gamepass been releasing like 5 new games each week and because of that plus other favorites not in gamepass? I don't have time for Sea of thieves right now.

That doesn't mean it's not another potential game to play. We overly fed over here, where are the Sony games you playing. Demons souls 3rd playthrough? Miles DLC the game, you wanna play that again? I know there's way more options elsewhere...

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
hope Rare's next game doesn't follow this logic.
Rare should make whatever they want I'm fine with these type of games considering xbox has so many studios now.

This games cool though only issue I have is it takes too much time to do shyt so u gotta have like 3-4 hours set aside on a weekend

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Rare should make whatever they want I'm fine with these type of games considering xbox has so many studios now.

This games cool though only issue I have is it takes too much time to do shyt so u gotta have like 3-4 hours set aside on a weekend
I had a blast just getting the hang of it. Having to go below deck to look at the map, the sailing mechanics are dope. My mother and uncle owned sailboats when I was a kid, so it resonated a little more. Graphically beautiful and it's a unique game unlike any other. I will be going back, if you bout it this weekend or wherever hit me up and I'll join up.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sea of thieves isn't a game you play for 20 mins at a time, you'd know that if you ever played games instead of faking like you do. I enjoy it but it's a game to be played with people. And ppl been told this game isn't worthy so it's hard funding people to play with.... sort of. I can play with strangers and In Sea of thieves they are very open to helping. I did a few missions solo, loved it. But gamepass been releasing like 5 new games each week and because of that plus other favorites not in gamepass? I don't have time for Sea of thieves right now.

That doesn't mean it's not another potential game to play. We overly fed over here, where are the Sony games you playing. Demons souls 3rd playthrough? Miles DLC the game, you wanna play that again? I know there's way more options elsewhere...
I played sea of thieves 4 players with my wife and kids. :yeshrug:
It was fun for a minute but then we got back on this Sony piff ya dig:mjlit:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
If a game is good, shouldn't that be an that matters? And it's not like the game was universally hated at launch and universally loved today. More ppl actually gave it a shot over time and the gameplay mechanics that been there since day 1 are still cool. The additions just add to it, they don't define the entire experience.

Plenty of games are better than "the community" says they are. And Xbox games in particular are often unfairly judged by Sony stans who never played it. This thread is proof of that statement :francis:

what put the game on in the beginning was a really popular streamer streaming it. Everyone ran to it and "gave it a chance" and I guess gave it a chance up until the first major update. in the beginning I'm sure i remember people saying the game was ridiculously bare bones.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If you didn't fail your family on the high seas, they'd still be traversing the lands searching for booty :banderas:
Speaking of which...and maybe I’m just trash at the game...but some of the treasure takes forever to find. The map (to me) don’t do the best job in narrowing down where you’re supposed to look. My wife’s little brother was finding stuff quick as hell though so...
...also this game is more likely to cause me to get a divorce than have fun...got me yellin at my wife...dead serious story incoming...

we were playing for about 3 hours one night, had the boat FULL of all kinds of treasure and were feelin good as hell. Kids we’re having a blast. I hear my wife say “how do I put this barrel down?” Next thing I hear is “oh no!!!” Then BOOM! I don’t know what she pressed but she ended up igniting a barrel, putting a hole in the side of the ship and lighting the entire top deck on fire. I’m yelling orders like a mad man trying to run everywhere putting fires out yelling for the kids to plug holes and for my wife to dump water. In the end the freakin ship sunk and we were in the water watching it sink slowly to the bottom. Treasure was floating everywhere! Sharks showed up, chewed a new hole in my anus, I shut the game off and went to sleep pissed.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Speaking of which...and maybe I’m just trash at the game...but some of the treasure takes forever to find. The map (to me) don’t do the best job in narrowing down where you’re supposed to look. My wife’s little brother was finding stuff quick as hell though so...
...also this game is more likely to cause me to get a divorce than have fun...got me yellin at my wife...dead serious story incoming...

we were playing for about 3 hours one night, had the boat FULL of all kinds of treasure and were feelin good as hell. Kids we’re having a blast. I hear my wife say “how do I put this barrel down?” Next thing I hear is “oh no!!!” Then BOOM! I don’t know what she pressed but she ended up igniting a barrel, putting a hole in the side of the ship and lighting the entire top deck on fire. I’m yelling orders like a mad man trying to run everywhere putting fires out yelling for the kids to plug holes and for my wife to dump water. In the end the freakin ship sunk and we were in the water watching it sink slowly to the bottom. Treasure was floating everywhere! Sharks showed up, chewed a new hole in my anus, I shut the game off and went to sleep pissed.
Sounds like y’all had a good time. These kinds of stories are why people like playing and watching the game.:ehh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sounds like y’all had a good time. These kinds of stories are why people like playing and watching the game.:ehh:
It’s cool in small doses for me for sure.
There isn’t enough variety to have me trying to play with any kind of serious frequency. The game obviously shines when playing with 4 players on mics.
The kids have sea of thieves low on their rotation.
1. Fortnite
2. Diablo 3
3. Minecraft
4. Mario Party
5. Mario Kart

Sea of thieves to mix it up on rare occasions. It’s been about 2 months since we turned the game on at all. :manny:My son is non-stop playing miles morales as of late.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
what put the game on in the beginning was a really popular streamer streaming it. Everyone ran to it and "gave it a chance" and I guess gave it a chance up until the first major update. in the beginning I'm sure i remember people saying the game was ridiculously bare bones.
When you said everyone gave it a chance, you know that's not very accurate. We have receipts, hardly anybody gave it a shot on the Xbox side and Sony gamers didn't jump ship to try it either. There's no threads on here outside of a single person talking about their experience.

That sounds like an awesome experience. If your would have gotten the treasure back would you be better off? The adventure is what's important, if that was a scriptured event in-game you would be cool with it tho? Stop the fomo