School To Prison Pipeline: Missouri Will Now Charge Students With Felonies For Fighting

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Low key, this would hurt girls out here the most...which is why I don't see this staying on the books.

But I could be wrong.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
This is why I hate yall old 'back in my day' types. Preach all day about how kids need to put the fisticusts up and the pistols down but if you fight now a days you are going to jail and probably getting sued. You might as well just shoot a nikka

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This is why I hate yall old 'back in my day' types. Preach all day about how kids need to put the fisticusts up and the pistols down but if you fight now a days you are going to jail and probably getting sued. You might as well just shoot a nikka
Not all felonies are alike. :stopitslime:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
This shyt is like convict leasing all over again in terms of schemes cacs would use to ensnare black men in that web of exploitation.

ShackZilla89

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NoWhere
Only time a student should get charged for fighting in school is when the fight causes someone to get seriously injured. Anything else is some BS to feed these jails/prisons...

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The Trump administration will be heavy private school, charter school, nd voucher programming. I said in the Assimilation or Autonomy thread, that education has to be the foundation of where infrastructure building in the black community begins. This war isn't about us, it's about our seeds, and they seeds. We can't overturn over 400+ years of disenfranchisement in a half of century, but collectively we can make significant strides in the next 2 1/2. We have to come to the table ready to play the long game.

Brehs and Sistas in the Deep South need to arm up legally, organize locally, and start to create themselves a code of conduct and action, and indoctrinate their kids to it. We playing Chess not checkers, and the goal is to reap the benefit off every bit of resource this country can still give us, with our eyes on rebuilding us a place in the motherland.
What's your plan in this matter? We been saying this for years.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I don't completely agree. Maybe my public experience was different from most Black kids, but if you were a respectful kid most teachers didn't bother you. I went to a decent public in Missouri with a 60% White stufent body but most of my teachers loved me. I never so much as got a detention and I graduated 2nd in my class. I got to the University of Notre Dame now and I credit most of that to my great parents, my 31 on the ACT and hard work but my teachers also helped push me in that direction. I might have had to settle for Mizzou if my middle school and highschool teachers didn't find honors programs/scholarships for me to try out. They did it without me even asking.:yeshrug::yeshrug:
Then again, I was a bit of a c00n growing up. :pachaha::mjpls:
I was bullied in middle school before my growth spurt. It was hell. I got in trouble and blamed for shyt I didn't do and got into fights due to be seen as an easy target. This law would would have had me being a felon as I was the one bullied. Seriously, this law is insane. A lot of people who are bullied didn't and never asked for it and to get admins to believe it and the other kid or kids to say, well, he was making names of me too :mjpls: when you didn't is insane. This literally targets Black nerdy types. This is NOT good at all and I refuse to move, live or raise kids in Missouri ever. It's easy when you fit in, but what about those who don't.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Adults have to educate themselves 1st. I would start with material that reinforces the ideology of blackness, its importance, and how to use it to navigate through the Eurocentric System. Neely Fuller, Neetta Black, Amos Wilson are authors to start with, and Michelle Alexander. Become familiar with their work, organize with like mind Brehs and sistas, and start to develop a economic plan to building business and schools within the community. Seek out the black legal counsels in the area, go to school board meetings and see what's being discussed and dismissed. Black Guns Matter needs growing chapters too....

Last edited: