School To Prison Pipeline: Missouri Will Now Charge Students With Felonies For Fighting

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Homeschool, charter school, private school, and a montessori school these are the alternatives. Forget public school they don't teach shyt anyway.
More like, just private school.
Charter schools are almost exactly the same as public schools, almost no one in the US can homeschool their child, and a good chunk of Montessori schools are public schools, I went to Montessori CMSD school until 3rd grade.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
They'll likely have discretion and the urban public school prosecutors will likely be far harsher than the suburban and rural prosecutors.
Its already like that for petty crime like shoplifting and small-scale vandalism.
For kids who get jumped, or caught up in any long-standing beef, its going to be a quick way to have their futures ruined.
I know most guys my age have gotten into fistfights before, including me, and nearly all the guys I went to college with have before.
There's an article on this written last year that was enlightening.
yep you hit it right on the head.
i was very good student but I did manage to get into one fight.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
So this is bait for when white kids or teachers say/do some slick racist shyt. They'll try and bait black kids into hitting them, then their life is ruined.

If they don't fight back, then they have to live in some passive aggressive, racist environment where they're taking verbal jabs all day.

I say beat them at their own game, throw your own verbal jabs. They think we're stupid anyways, so when you hit them with that ether they tend to be shocked put off.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I wonder how this will be enforced. I mean schoolyard fights happen with kids of all races. Will prosecutors have discretion in deciding who will be charged with a felony, or is it mandatory?
Easy, they won't call the police when little Bart and Walt get in a fight. They'll just call their parents.

Daps
Public schools are prison factories, black people should take their kids out of these jails.
I don't completely agree. Maybe my public experience was different from most Black kids, but if you were a respectful kid most teachers didn't bother you. I went to a decent public in Missouri with a 60% White stufent body but most of my teachers loved me. I never so much as got a detention and I graduated 2nd in my class. I got to the University of Notre Dame now and I credit most of that to my great parents, my 31 on the ACT and hard work but my teachers also helped push me in that direction. I might have had to settle for Mizzou if my middle school and highschool teachers didn't find honors programs/scholarships for me to try out. They did it without me even asking.:yeshrug::yeshrug:
Then again, I was a bit of a c00n growing up. :pachaha::mjpls:

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't completely agree. Maybe my public experience was different from most Black kids, but if you were a respectful kid most teachers didn't bother you. I went to a decent public in Missouri with a 60% White school but most of my teachers loved me. I never so much as got a detention and I graduated 2nd in my class. I got to the University of Notre Dame now and I credit most of that to my great parents, my 31 on the ACT and hard work but my teachers also helped push me in that direction. I might have had to settle for Mizzou if my middle school and highschool teachers didn't find honors programs/scholarships for me to try out. They did it without me even asking.:yeshrug::yeshrug:
I went to public school in a school that eventually was taken over by our state (in Alabama) transfered to another magnet school, then moved to mississippi and whent to one of the highest rated schools in the country at the time (they had a huge banner of their national testing standard).

All the schools had metal detectors, were fenced in, had armed police men on site and functioned as mini prisons. Windows didn't open, cameras outside of bathorooms and in the hallways and in every classroom. Could you get by? Yes I did, got a 3/4 scholarship to Univ. of Michigan but a full ride and stipend to Ala ST, graduated and got a full ride to grad school. Doesn't change the fact that I could see what school was becoming.

I congratulate you for excelling, but if you are intelligent as you claim you should be able to see what is going on in the public education system, even in "good" majority school systems, let alone the minority dominated systems. These schools care more about teaching kids to respect authority than teaching them how to think, hell they go out of their way to teach them incorrectly, with regards to math.

Daps
I went to public school in a school that eventually was taken over by our state (in Alabama) transfered to another magnet school, then moved to mississippi and whent to one of the highest rated schools in the country at the time (they had a huge banner of their national testing standard).

All the schools had metal detectors, were fenced in, had armed police men on site and functioned as mini prisons. Windows didn't open, cameras outside of bathorooms and in the hallways and in every classroom. Could you get by? Yes I did, got a 3/4 scholarship to Univ. of Michigan but a full ride and stipend to Ala ST, graduated and got a full ride to grad school. Doesn't change the fact that I could see what school was becoming.

I congratulate you for excelling, but if you are intelligent as you claim you should be able to see what is going on in the public education system, even in "good" majority school systems, let alone the minority dominated systems. These schools care more about teaching kids to respect authority than teaching them how to think, hell they go out of their way to teach them incorrectly, with regards to math.
I understand what you're saying. I was in the Ferguson/Florissant school district(Mike Brown area) for elementary school/part of middle school before moving. I saw signs of what you're describing back then but I never experienced anything like that. We only had two guards at my school and they were pretty chill, a few cameras, and no metal dictators. There were a few racist CACS now that I think about but I never felt like I was in prison. I do think this new legislation is very concerning and my state doesn't support Black schools enough. A lot of the Black schools in St. Louis are falling apart and the goverments only solution is to ship Black kids out to rich white neighborhoods were they're getting treated like criminals.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Public schools are prison factories, black people should take their kids out of these jails.
I don't completely agree. Maybe my public experience was different from most Black kids, but if you were a respectful kid most teachers didn't bother you. I went to a decent public in Missouri with a 60% White school but most of my teachers loved me. I never so much as got a detention and I graduated 2nd in my class. I got to the University of Notre Dame now and I credit most of that to my great parents, my 31 on the ACT and hard work but my teachers also helped push me in that direction. I might have had to settle for Mizzou if my middle school and highschool teachers didn't find honors programs/scholarships for me to try out. They did it without me even asking.:yeshrug::yeshrug:
I feel @David_TheMan should've been more specific. Public schools in the inner city are prison factories. I don't know how it is in other cities/metro areas, but here in Dallas there are a bunch of racially diverse & even some majority black suburbs. I wouldn't describe the schools in the racially diverse & majority black suburbs as prison factories like you would with the inner-city schools.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I feel @David_TheMan should've been more specific. Public schools in the inner city are prison factories. I don't know how it is in other cities/metro areas, but here in Dallas there are a bunch of racially diverse & even some majority black suburbs. I wouldn't describe the schools in the racially diverse & majority black suburbs as prison factories like you would with the inner-city schools.
I'm talking from my experience in a majority white school and majority black school. The infrastructure of these schools is prison like.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
Ties into the other thread by Judge Joe Gorilla.

shyt like this along with nationwide PD fukkery is why I choose not to bring a child into this world without Kanye money. :sas1:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Missouri had a population of 5,988,927, according to the 2010 Census
270px-Missouri_in_United_States.svg.png

In 2011, the racial composition of the state was:
Missouri - Wikipedia

0.117 * 5,988,927 = 700,704.459 African Americans all ages

In 2004, 6.6 percent of the state's population was reported as younger than 5 years old, 25.5 percent younger than 18, and 13.5 percent was 65 or older.

%25.5 - %6.6 = %18.9 All children ages 5-18
%
18.9 - x = y Percent of African Americans ages 5-18 :russell:(to sleepy for this shyt 10:56PM):damn:
0.189 * 700,704.459 = At most* 132,433.142751 African Americans are ages 5-18 :patrice::hubie:

giphy.gif