School offers mother of severely autistic student $86,000 to keep him away

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Probably that's why I can't sympathize with the parent for the school situation. I do feel sorry that her son has a disability. It's sad.

Reading is fundamental. I said on both of my post that I could sympathize. But as far as the school situation I can't. The only reason why I can't is because she was offered money . With that money she could put him in another program to help him. I know u seen that I said it was sad because he had a disability. All I'm saying is she should take him somewhere else. And like I said again I'm not sympathizing because she would be reimbursed which is better than them just sending him off.
I read what you said just fine, I simply don't agree.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
:what: You cant sympathize with a parent who has a child born with a condition that no one could have prevented? People with disabilities deserve the same rights and quality of life as the rest of us. Public schools are for EVERYONE, if this particular school cannot accommodate the needs of people with disabilities then it is the burden of the school to provide better training to its staff.

I'm referring to this.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a four yr old autistic son and he was recently put out of his pre school because the teacher "couldn't handle him." My son is considered at the low end of the spectrum (mainly only exhibits some anti social behaviour and he has trouble communicating.) However he has spent his his whole school life in regular schools without any trouble. But this teacher decides two days into the school yr she can't deal with him.........

I've had him seen by doctors and they all recommend that he remains in a regular school system because he is at the low end of the spectrum and going to a specialized school with kids who are on the higher end will only stunt his development. I'm between a rock and a hard place because going to a regular he obviously is going to need abit more attention than what some lazy ass teachers are willing to give him......

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Stupid

She should have taken that shyt and hired a nurse/tutor or whatever for him. You're subjecting him to to a difficult experience going to public school anyways.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
"severely autistic"

idk why, but I can sense another TSC war invading this thread

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I have a four yr old autistic son and he was recently put out of his pre school because the teacher "couldn't handle him." My son is considered at the low end of the spectrum (mainly only exhibits some anti social behaviour and he has trouble communicating.) However he has spent his his whole school life in regular schools without any trouble. But this teacher decides two days into the school yr she can't deal with him.........

I've had him seen by doctors and they all recommend that he remains in a regular school system because he is at the low end of the spectrum and going to a specialized school with kids who are on the higher end will only stunt his development. I'm between a rock and a hard place because going to a regular he obviously is going to need abit more attention than what some lazy ass teachers are willing to give him......

Breh, I'm gonna tell you something that may offend you and I'm sorry... but a single teacher can't spend all their attention on your son at the expense of the learning time and attention of other students. While the pre-school teacher should have given him a chance, she may not be equipped to work with students with special needs. Were the teachers in that pre K certified in special education? Would you be ok with him having an IEP?

Sounds like your son is intellectually on track and could probably thrive in a regular classroom (mainstreamed...with a special ed teacher in the class too) but he is going to need some support. Insisting on him being in a class without support probably won't work too well.