School me on the PS4

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I'm trying to get a ps4 in the next few days so I can play the ww2 beta. I only play call of duty and the last 2 were wack but this one seems like it'll be better.
What are the differences? Anything I need to know? Does the GB really matter if I only have a handful of games? Is it better to get digital games? I don't be buying and selling them like that. What's game sharing? Can I transfer my name from ps3 to the 4? What does the online include? Can I put kodi on it?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
if you only play a handful of games then the GB don't matter
I'd get digital if it's something you'll put a ton of time into since by the time you want to trade in or sell, it won't be worth shyt.

Game sharing lets you ply a game someone else owns. So if you got a homie you're cool with and play the same games, you could essentially go half on a game and cop the digital version and one of you can be a user on the other's account. That way yall both can play the same game at the same time. There's also a feature where you could try out a game someone else owns via streaming (Shareplay).

your PSN name/account transfers from the ps3 to ps4, you're fine

you need ps plus to play online though.

No, you can't put kodi on the ps4

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
What's the difference between the regular and the pro? If I buy it used is there any model I need to avoid? If i game share with my son do we both need to be under the same account? Does it matter if he has the online or not?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What's the difference between the regular and the pro? If I buy it used is there any model I need to avoid? If i game share with my son do we both need to be under the same account? Does it matter if he has the online or not?
Realistically in terms of the actual use you're going to get daily it's the same as the difference between an XBOX One and an XBOX One X: A couple more P's and FPS'.
(XBOX does have backwards compatibility, and a 4K blu ray drive though but I digress).
If you don't have a 4KTV DO NOT buy a PS4 Pro.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Realistically in terms of the actual use you're going to get daily it's the same as the difference between an XBOX One and an XBOX One X: A couple more P's and FPS'.
(XBOX does have backwards compatibility, and a 4K blu ray drive though but I digress).
If you don't have a 4KTV DO NOT buy a PS4 Pro.

I don't know the difference between a Xbox 1 and the 1X. So the pro is geared for 4k TV? I don't need that shyt

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I can tell you that PS4 has better and great exclusives titles than XB1

qs57ra2idip3.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't know the difference between a Xbox 1 and the 1X. So the pro is geared for 4k TV? I don't need that shyt
Yes. The XBOX ONE X (Project Scorpio) and PS4 Pro are both designed with 4K in mind.
If you don't have a 4K TV, skip both of them and get the base models.
Neither of them will have their own console exclusives.
4K content isn't widespread yet, so if you aren't already invested, you could easily wait a few more years at this point. I would even recommend just waiting for the next gen consoles and skipping the PS4Pro and XB1X altogether unless you really have the expendable income to throw away like that.

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
It will be breh. Just wait for a nikka to clown that XB1 exclusive lineup. :francis:

I don't give a shyt about exclusives
The only thing me and my son play is call of duty
I already got him a ps4 (we don't live together)
We been rocking PlayStation since day 1 so we keeping it that way
I have no issues with Xbox

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't give a shyt about exclusives
The only thing me and my son play is call of duty
I already got him a ps4 (we don't live together)
We been rocking PlayStation since day 1 so we keeping it that way
I have no issues with Xbox

How old is your son?