scariest film of all time?

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
The first 2 saw movies had me fukked up :yeshrug:

I was young though, but the scenes where nikkas got caught by the nikka in the pig mask :lupe:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
heres the thing, excorist may have been scary, but its not anymore. that movie illicits laughts,not scares in 2013.

it deserves its place in film history, but that isnt scary in this day and age.

john carpenters the thing>>>>the excorist.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
wait you might be right..but arnt succubus suppose to be hot and seduce instead of acting all akward and ish

Yeah. I thought they were supposed to be hot too, not sure about the awkward part. I thought that was a demon she turned into at the end which led me to believe she was a succubus. She could of been a vampire tho, not sure.

It was the best skit out of the 4-5 they did tho.

TMillzy

Pro
Daps
:wtf: at dudes saying The Exoricst is overrated. It may not be scary to someone watching it for the first time today because its 40 years old and technology changed. But I'll be damned if that movie isnt scary. It took me 3 times to watch it when I was 13. But now that I've seen it, no horror movie scares me. Read online about stories of people throwing up in the theaters, running out, and it even got banned in some countries back then.

Like an earlier poster said, The Strangers is scary as fukk. The Shining as well. People get on the internet and act different :snoop:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
The Exorcist was scary for it's time. Not so much anymore. It didn't hold up well.

It's kind of like the way our kids are going to look at us when we tell them that Michael Jordan was the greatest to ever play the game: :childplease:

The Shining holds up much better. Watch that shyt in a pitch black room.

So my list is

1. The Shining
2. Alien
3. Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Original Halloween
5. The Thing

Honorable Mentions
6. Poltergeist (more of a childhood thing)
7. Deliverance
8. Let the Right One In (the original, though the remake is pretty good)

The best time I've ever had at a horror movie though was definitely Sam Raimi's "Drag Me To Hell" or "Freddy vs Jason". Those weren't that scary to me though.

Uncle_Dirty

Finna Ball.
Daps
220px-The_Silence_of_the_Lambs_poster.jpg

images

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Jacob's Ladder has a special place for me along with the OG Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The Exorcist was a game changer and is a classic but I don't find it the scariest of all time...mainly because so many movies have stolen its style and made cliches out of many of its best moments. It's just a great horror movie that is still better than modern day rip offs of it's plot.

My favorite horror movies lately have been from other countries because they don't follow the typical formulas that I'm so used to. VHS was good though, not great but good.

Matter of fact, lemme just throw a couple of OG flicks that are great because they haven't been duplicated too often or just haven't been duplicated in a way that takes away from the original formulas...Suspiria and Rosemary's Baby. If you haven't watched those (the original Rosemary's Baby not the new garbage version) then you could find something pretty unique. Especially Suspiria.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The shining wrecked my soul as a kid :sadcam: can't believe my dad let me watch that. I was about 10. :snoop:

Forgot about that one. When I was younger I had It as the scarier but the Shining aged really well for me and It aged miserably.