‘Scarface’ Reboot Loses Director Antoine Fuqua

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
antoine-fuqua.jpg

Insiders say Sony and Denzel Washington want a sequel to “The Equalizer” very quickly and need Fuqua back to being prepping the film, which caused conflicted with the “Scarface”schedule. Universal still wants the film up and running by the spring, and has already begun meeting with directors so production won’t be affected.

Sources say Fuqua very much wanted to do the film, and that he and his team were still trying to figure out a way to make it work even as Uni was meeting with other directors. But ultimately, Fuqua had already spent so much time developing the script for the next “Equalizer” that he simply couldn’t move on from a project he had so much invested in.

GD, this made my day. I hope it is true about The Equalizer sequel! :myman:
* I hope this one also has a slo-mo scene of Mr. Denzel struttin' with his nailgun :takedat:. Lord have mercy. (That would be a nice gif, btw.)

As for Scarface, I haven't been able to sit through the original. But since it's such a cult classic, I'd love to see Fuqua put his spin on the remake.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now thats a movie that they need to leave the hell alone.

but OAN if they was who you think they should get breh? :jbhmm:
King Jaffe- Idris Alba or Laurence Fishburn

Akeem and Semi...i have no idea, Michael Che is pretty funny, Jay Pharoah is hit or miss,

Lisa...i wanna say Sanaa Lathan but she's getting older even though she doesn't look it.