Saw Jackie Brown again...

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I understand the writing better that shapes his decision not to leave, but still a deeply frustrating scene, and the last scenes are ever the more heartbreaking and bittersweet.

Rule of life: Always leave with the Jackie Brown esque woman with 500k cash and a flight to Europe. Always.

I still remember in 1997, I was 12, and my friends Mom was taking all of us to the movies, from the neighborhood, and we were begging to see Jackie Brown, but she wasn't going for it, so I sat through Mouse Hunt lol

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Watching this again because of Robert Forrester's death

Ordell: How can you live like this :mjtf:

Chick: Like what:dwillhuh:

Ordell: Like this. This is some repugnant shyt:scust:
Later in the movie

*Ordell tells Max to sit on the couch and sees some girl drugged out*

Ordell: Oh don't worry. She won't even know you're there.

*Max looks around before sitting down*

Max: Its stinks

Ordell: Oh don't worry, you'll get use to it. Now where's my damn money?

:russ:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
One of qts funniest scenes. Chris Tucker is perfect in this role. Nobody could have done it like him.

"you pop out and rack this mother fukker"

"man fukk that shyt I ain't finna shoot nobody"

:mjlol:

The offer of Chicken and Waffles was too good to resist :snoop:

:dead:

And laying on that guilt thick as shyt

Ordell: I can't believe you'd do me like this. :gucci:

Beaumont: Do you like what? I just ain't getting in no goddamn, dirty-ass trunk man. I got a problem with small places. :sadcam:

Ordell: Well I got a problem with spending ten thousand dollars on ungrateful, peanut-head nikkas to get 'em out of jail, but I did it! And how small was that jail cell, motherfukker? :stopitslime:

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
He had such a low opinion of Beaumont to make that Roscoes pitch, in dead serious, and then to only drive around the corner lol

What a great scene. I know this was an Elmore Leonard adaptation, but I don't know what Tarantino wrote, I don't think he can make these kinds of movies anymore, that kind of authentic writing, and deft character building, he left behind some time ago. I always felt like his best work was the gritty kind of crime drama/comedy he excelled at in the 90's, between Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, From Dusk Til Dawn, I wish he did one more in that style, before going into his other passions.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
He had such a low opinion of Beaumont to make that Roscoes pitch, in dead serious, and then to only drive around the corner lol

What a great scene. I know this was an Elmore Leonard adaptation, but I don't know what Tarantino wrote, I don't think he can make these kinds of movies anymore, that kind of authentic writing, and deft character building, he left behind some time ago. I always felt like his best work was the gritty kind of crime drama/comedy he excelled at in the 90's, between Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, From Dusk Til Dawn, I wish he did one more in that style, before going into his other passions.
QT wrote the script and got permission to switch it from Miami to Los Angeles. Jackie is an anglo woman in the book. QT definitely made it his own.