Saw a personal trainer (cac) with a cac today

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I worked as the General manager of training at a gym for over a year, aka I did all the initial training sessions with ground zero people
a) ground zero people benefit more from full body work initially, they aren't conditioned to handle the depth of repitions on the same body part over and over, it will make them too sore and discourage them

b) they need the help more then ANYONE else. if you have NO CLUE what to do resistance training wise you NEED help. if that is doing research then GREAT but you better have good sources because there is an incredible amount of BS out there.

I had a staff of 6 trainers working for me. you find the right place and I promise you there is no waste of time training with anyone. I used to sign up people who were already in phenomal shape because they wanted to take it to that next level....it takes another individual to push even the BEST to be as great as anyone can be.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
It is what it is.
I think it is interesting to overhear trainers working with people at ground zero. The trainers have to be very friendly in order to keep that client.
Sometimes, it is this really overweight woman who is like, "Yeah, I really want to work on my biceps." :dahell: It's like you need to work on everything, you're 100 lbs. overweight. :lolbron:
Or it's a really overweight woman who has been going for awhile and not at ground zero, "I feel much stronger now. I am able to do these tricep kickbacks with 15 lbs. easily." :dahell: It's like you need to work on cutting back on potato chips and chicken wings, you're 100 lbs. overweight. :lolbron:

zyonasan

Rookie
Daps
:dahell: are yall talking about. In every gym I've ever been to the personal trainers mainly help old people and people who are obese. How the fukk are they worthless?

This.

A PT isn't going to put some geriatric lady on a split of push pull with squats and deadlifts. Many people that use PT's are there because they were forced to go to the gym to rehab an injury or just to keep active and lose a bit of weight but with assistance so that they don't snap their shyt up doing something with poor form.

Also, PT's provide unorthodox exercises because its their shtick/ marketing appeal. If they're just going to throw you on a machine or hand you a dumbbell and tell you to start doing some reps, then they really don't need their assistance to do that, and they'll fee like they're wasting their money. However doing something ridiculous like goblet squats with kettlebells while balancing on a bosu ball? Thats what people (who are looking for a personal trainer) are looking for.

zyonasan

Rookie
Daps
A trainer said something me today about another trainer. The guy was with a client and they were doing FB BP, apparently they have been working together for three years and the guy is still pressing just the bar. :mindblown:

How do you know he's not rehabbing an injury? I have a friend that shattered his kneecap and tore his acl in a car accident. I remember a milestone for him years later was being able to lay on the leg press machine and push 90 lbs (just two 45lb plates)

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
How do you know he's not rehabbing an injury? I have a friend that shattered his kneecap and tore his acl in a car accident. I remember a milestone for him years later was being able to lay on the leg press machine and push 90 lbs (just two 45lb plates)
I could be that but knowing the way this guy deals with other clients I doubt it. You never see a lot of progression with his clients.

Daps
His cac in training was doing 70 lb. lat. pull down (narrow grip), 75 lbs. on the bench press etc.

I always say personal trainers are a waste of money but how can this cac be so stupid :mjlol:

This mothafukka at ground zero and thinks he needs to shell out $75.00 for a warm-up session all over the map.

How about start doing the shyt yourself fakkit :heh:

PATHETIC.

Personal trainers are ALWAYS a waste. ESPECIALLY when you at ground zero.

Arguments?

You talking as if you strong bytch nikka, prolly the weakest nikka in prison history fukking bytch,if you was even locked up p*ssy

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
My personal trainer was panex Pierre iffb Pro. Seen great improve but my pockets couldn't take it. 40 per session 4 times a week

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Trainers aren't useless

They motivate the unmotivated. They show "ground zero" nikkas the correct form, correct amount of weight needed, the correct amount of time needed, etc.

If you've been lifting for years you might not need one but for those who don't know wtf they're doing, or afraid to ask around, don't know how to use equipment, or need someone to spot or push them in certain areas then a personal trainer is a good investment.

Once they know what to do they won't need one again unless they plateau, haven't reached their goal, or training for some sort of sport.

Just like football players, basketball players, fighters, etc., have strength and conditioning coaches, ordinary people have personal trainers. Nothing wrong with it imo.

And some are better than others. I've trained friends and I always start them off light trying to get an assessment of where they're at during that point in time. If you bench 315 once then the goal is to get you rapping it and increase your strength the same as it would be with a person who benches 135 one time. You don't just throw them into some preset workout and just let them do whatever you do.

Some people want to work on strength, some on explosiveness/speed, some on weight loss, some have previous injuries that you need to be aware of or other medical conditions that you need to know before you put them to work.

Definitely why I feel some trainers are better than others. You help them to build themselves better not break them within the first couple weeks

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And imo, anyone can benefit from a trainer or coach. Just depends on the level of knowledge that person has. It's why some trainers aren't all built like superheroes... They don't have to be. It's about the knowledge they possess. Same with coaches or trainers geared to a certain sport/athlete.